Who gets the WW title shot.

Who do you want to take the next shot at Robbie Lawler?

• Total voters

Gavster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After seeing Stephen Thompson beat up Hendricks and knock him even further down the rankings, who do you want to see fight Lawler next for the belt?

kiafu9t.jpg

He got murked in his last fight

Funny, I seem to see a little something in your picture that says who won, and I'll give you a hint, it's not a face. Don't care what the fans had to say, don't care that MMAdecisions had every media member scoring the fight in favor of Hendricks, don't even care that I thought Johny pulled it off too. The only thing that matters is the decision of the judges.

gsp%20title_zpsy8ww4uxr.jpg

Funny, I seem to see a little something in your picture that says who won, and I'll give you a hint, it's not a face. Don't care what the fans had to say, don't care that MMAdecisions had every media member scoring the fight in favor of Hendricks, don't even care that I thought Johny pulled it off too. The only thing that matters is the decision of the judges.

gsp%20title_zpsy8ww4uxr.jpg

You probably think Diego Sanchez also beat Ross Pearson

How can Rory be in this discussion right now?To answer the question,Wonderboy for sure.

If it's not Wonderboy, then it has to be Condit. If not Condit then Rory. Woodley gets no points for an unconvincing victory then sitting on his ass thinking he deserves something.

I don't understant Woodleys claim to a title shot. He got completely outclassed by Rory, beat a fringe top ten DHK, and barely won a split decision against gastelum. I think that Maia is even more deserving, and he'll definitely deserve it more after he beats Brown.

Stephen Thompson is on a 6 fight win streak(longest active WW streak). Last loss was in 2012.
Woodley has 2, lost to Rory not too long ago.
Rory 0 and just got KO'd by Robbie
Carlos 0(although I had Condit winning a close decision.)

IMO it should be Stephen, then Condit/Woodley(although I'd rather Woodley to limit these rematches.)

Rory, Condit, or Wonderboy.
I'm happy with either choice.

If I had to pick one, Wonderboy.

GSP got beaten up by Hendricks, but won 3 of 5 rounds.

After seeing Stephen Thompson beat up Hendricks and knock him even further down the rankings, who do you want to see fight Lawler next for the belt?

I'd have to go Woodley because he was promised it. Obviously Thompson's the big pick right now after beating the former champ but Woodley has more of a claim than people act like. 4-1 in his last five with his only loss to Rory Macdonald and wins over Koscheck, DHK, Condit, and Gastelum. All of these guys are top level. Thompson's win over Hendricks is better than any of these but he hasn't fought quite the level of comp as Woodley but his Hendricks, Ellenberger, Cote and Whittaker is a solid list as well.

Back