Holly Holm - Cool Story in today's LA Times

As it was an MMA fight, I don't see what it really does to boost women's boxing, per se. But good for him, them, and it.

She wasn't exposed brah she's conquering boxing next, remember?
2E5C005B00000578-0-image-a-64_1447285814124.jpg

Cool... always thought boxing should have head kick kos.

Boxing doesn't have somebody like Carano or Rousey to put them on the map and then make them PPV stars, a lot of good female boxers in the olympics this year that will turn pro next year but the pay is so much less and so is the notoriety, can you ever see boxing putting a womens boxing match on a PPV headliner? That being said, can't wait for Holm to outclass Tate.

Basically it's saying that Holm's victory will help promote women's boxing, since Ronda was "badly exposed" by Holly's striking. It's a good read, though I don't think I'll start following women's boxing.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ufc-holm-boxing-20160208-story.html
She wasn't exposed brah she's conquering boxing next, remember?
2E5C005B00000578-0-image-a-64_1447285814124.jpg

That whole thing was fucked up.. I've been involved in boxing for 30 years. On both sides.. She has no business being on that cover.. WTF.

Just saw the Julie Kedzie vs Miesha Tate fight and Tate might be the first death in the UFC. Holly is going to seriously hurt that ass

As it was an MMA fight, I don't see what it really does to boost women's boxing, per se. But good for him, them, and it.
I'm not sure how they'll spin it, but this is the opinion of he WBC president and other influential figures in women's boxing, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Also, I'm glad to see a class act like Holly getting some mainstream exposure, instead of the latest UFC loudmouth.

I never realized that she had one boxing glove on, ala UFC 1. Now I have more respect for her.

That whole thing was fucked up.. I've been involved in boxing for 30 years. On both sides.. She has no business being on that cover.. WTF.

when i first saw that on sherdog, i couldn't help but laugh

Just saw the Julie Kedzie vs Miesha Tate fight and Tate might be the first death in the UFC. Holly is going to seriously hurt that ass

i've been saying this. tate's gonna get her ass royally kicked

taking punishment isn't a good strategy against an opponent like holm

I never realized that she had one boxing glove on, ala UFC 1. Now I have more respect for her.

i wonder why they wrapped it with some string, instead of just putting it on

and it shoulda been an oven mitt with the way things ended up

Press for either is good - who cares which sport it gets people into (tho this is the better one :p).

Holly seems like such a rad chick, i would buy her a beer anyday

All these idiots thinking it was boxing that won her the fight. We always have to repeat ourselves because there are so many out there. Holly won because of her skills in MMA. Not boxing. Without her grappling/sub defense (that she trained for many years) she would have never been able to keep it standing and would have been subbed easily. The boxing fans love to ignore that fact. Sure boxing and distance played a part but that wouldn't mean anything without grappling.

Really stupid way to look at the fight. It was an MMA fight. If Holly hadn't trained hard for years in MMA, Ronda would have tossed her and sub'ed her in seconds. Holly was so successful with her boxing, because she is a mixed martial artist able to keep the fight standing where she has an advantage. It's not like any boxer can come in with no training and win.

Good for Holly! I love how down to Earth she is. :)

Back