When Fedor became Pride champ he went 8-0 in 17 months

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
8zkzm1.gif

Including wins over Nogueira, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita, Goodrige, Ogawa + 2 cans. He destroyed all of them in a less than year and a half. A few months later he beat Nogueira in a rematch.

GOAT.

Last edited:
A big reason why it was so frustrating that he ducked CroCop for so long.

It is pretty crazy how often some of those guys fought back then

Fedor has nothing for guys in a top level organization with drug testing. GOATS don't get submitted or KO'd.

Jones is the GOAT.

So Fujita, Goodridge, and Nagata weren't cans? Just asking.

The only quality fighter in that list is Nogueira.

Depends on your definition of the word, but at the time Fedor fought them, no, they were not considered as cans.

but why post a gif of something that didnt happen in that timeline

Fedor has nothing for guys in a top level organization with drug testing. GOATS don't get submitted or KO'd.

Jones is the GOAT.

Within 4-6 years, Jones will have lossed to the new breed of fighters and be considered a can like Fedor

Fujita was top 10 HW at the time, he had defeated Mark Kerr and Ken Shamrock when he got into the top 10. The other two were veterans at the time. sorta like someone facing Koscheck or Thiago Silva nowadays, not a can but not elite anymore.

Jones is the GOAT.

lol. If you fight long enough you'll become someone's highlight reel finish.

Fedor got beat, Anderson got beat, GSP got beat. If you fight long enough you will get beat.

lol. If you fight long enough you'll become someone's highlight reel finish.

Fedor got beat, Anderson got beat, GSP got beat. If you fight long enough you will get beat.
None of them beat 6 UFC champions by the age of 28, I hold GSP & Anderson in high regard but Fedor has nothing for a top level organization with drug testing.

In his day Fedor was the best, no question and by a wide margin.

He had the skills, will, discipline and was ahead of the curve... essentially too smart/fast/skilled/patient for anyone to touch him.

Age, lack of commitment, an evolving sport and greed/picking supposed easy fights have impaired his legacy to the point where even his biggest romo stalker (me) knows he is not GOAT.

He was an amazing athlete and seemed like an even better human; did anyone see the fracas after the Crocop fight when Fujita entered the ring and Crocop shoved him? Sapp, Wand and others were there...

Fedor was there too, and instead of whipping his cock out and joining in, he stood there with his arms out, smiling, acting as a human shield between the brawling men and the 60 year old female translator who happened to be in the ring and ostensibly in harms way.

GOAT HUMAN!

Jones was the first of the new breed.

You do realize we've been hearing that about every 5 years or so right? 5 years from now all your favorite fighters are "overrated can crushers". Trust me, I'm an old timer myself.

I could write a goddamn essay how short term the common MMA fan's memory is and how they have no concept on what aging does to any athlete.

Back