Jon Jones will not face a probation violation, Title fight still on

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ic-citation-020816?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:ufconfox

According to Kayla Anderson, the public information officer from the Second Judicial District Attorney's office, in a statement sent to FOX Sports on Monday, Jones won't face any kind of probation violation as a result of the traffic stop.

"Our understanding is that this will be dealt with by a sanction at the probation level, and we will not be filing a formal probation violation," Anderson said on Monday.

The good news is Jones won't face any kind of probation violation as a result of this citation, and he can continue preparation for his upcoming fight at UFC 197 against Daniel Cormier.

[Full article @ Link]

DanielCormierFeature2.jpg

It's a traffic violation, nothing serious. Some idiots on this site already got their pitchforks ready.

Why would get a VOP for traffic offenses?
He wouldn't (which I assume is the point you were already making). Technically any 'police contact' has to be reported, even over a civil infraction. But it wouldn't constitute a violation in and of itself.

Regardless of how much trouble he gets in why cant he just obey the law?

Lol wat? When did I say anything to hate on Jones?
I wasn't referring to your post, I meant to say that The Haters are usually the first to arrive to most parties

How does a guy who had a previous DUI and a driving while suspended even have a drivers licenses less than a year after his hit and run?

If this guy hurts someone driving I hope they sue the state for failure to protect it's citizens.

I see this and just shake my head. Just hire a damn driver already.

A lot depends on exactly what the offenses were. If he was actually driving at a time he did not have a valid driver's license, the required insurance and/or a registered vehicle, those things can be serious. On the other hand, if he had a license, insurance and registration, but just didn't happen to have EVIDENCE of those things with him when he was picked up, it is a much, much less serious offense.

Exactly you wouldn't. Unless the withheld judgement that he agreed to specifically said, "no minor traffic violations". Which, in my experience, never happens and didn't in his place. The only people who care about this are Jones haters, and/or people remarkably ignorant of the American Judicial System.

Back