Is Conor that good?

dije1

R.I.P bigwaverider
@purple
Reaction score
If Conor beats RDA convincingly, will his detractors admit he is that good. If not, who else would he have to beat before people can say the hype is real? Would he need to make a string of defenses first? Move up again? Obviously he is a good fighter, but even though he knocked out Aldo I'm not quite convinced yet. Too many questions in that fight, but the RDA fight could change that.

Well if he does to RDA what he did to Aldo then the questions that have been asked all along will still be there.

If McGregor pushes RDA against the fence, uses footwork and technique to stuff his takedowns and hooks then the question will be firmly answered. Mendes raised a lot of eyebrows that Conor did not answer in his win against Aldo.

His fans think he is Jesus, how good do we have to think he is to suffice ?.

If he wins both belts by any method other than Silva vs Patrick Cote, then he really is that good.

I think he really needs to be in a more gritty, drawn out fight to really see his level. Someone who can evade taking too much damage and bring the fight to Conor. Frankie maybe?

If he beats a Shaolin Monk on 3 years notice, I'll be convinced.

No of course not. Denial is a stage that can take years, sometimes decades, sometimes a lifetime.

Why would you even want someting like that happening anyway TS, can you imagine the horrors if everyone agrees with everyone else on Conor, or really another other fighter? Imagine if every fighter was like Damian Maia and that the minimum UFC pay was 40/40 with a union-negotiated awesome Nike sponsorship that pays 50% of the yearly profit to the fighters. You think people would still visit MMA forums and argue about shit? Everybody would be happy and in agreement, and the sport might as well not exist.

The hate, the envy, the disagreements...these are the tings that keeps this sport alive. Do well to remember that.

People will discredit him no matter what he does. And if he loses they will be orgasmic.

If he wins he is better than anyone in history of UFC. He made p4p king look stupid already

Is he indeed a great fighter?? Absolutely yes.

Does he has weaknesses?? Absolutely yes.

Same goes to RDA.

We will see who will be able to capitalize on their opponent's weaknesses. At this point RDA is a slight favorite, but I won't be surprised if Conor manages to win.

Depends on how he wins.

As it stands, I see as what he has done as having a lot of luck involved.

No of course not. Denial is a stage that can take years, sometimes decades, sometimes a lifetime.

Why would you even want someting like that happening anyway TS, can you imagine the horrors if everyone agrees with everyone else on Conor, or really another other fighter? Imagine if every fighter was like Damian Maia and that the minimum UFC pay was 40/40 with a union-negotiated awesome Nike sponsorship that pays 50% of the yearly profit to the fighters. You think people would still visit MMA forums and argue about shit? Everybody would be happy and in agreement, and the sport might as well not exist.

The hate, the envy, the disagreements...these are the tings that keeps this sport alive. Do well to remember that.

Different opinions are welcome. I am rooting for RDA. Not really a fan of Conor, just stating that if he beats him convincingly, I will give him credit for it and it will change part of my perception of him as a fighter.

Last edited:
Well if he does to RDA what he did to Aldo then the questions that have been asked all along will still be there.

If McGregor pushes RDA against the fence, uses footwork and technique to stuff his takedowns and hooks then the question will be firmly answered. Mendes raised a lot of eyebrows that Conor did not answer in his win against Aldo.
are you gonna blame him for having ko power and being precise? when he hits them they fall, what can he do

latest

Listen. The guy has a bunch of soft tkos and a great ko against one guy who ran into it.

He has the best luck of the sport with the greatest mouth.

Chad showed how to definitely beat him but we all know seeing him go out like Ronda would be so much sweeter.

I like him. I don't like his fans. SHIT, i don't like any fans that say goat or fill in the blank bless. That said, I'll like him when the cock suckers move onto a new dick. What's hilarious is despite what i just said, I'm a "hater" and "gotten to. " How the fuck am i going ti sleep tonight now? gee golly gosh

Listen. The guy has a bunch of soft tkos and a great ko against one guy who ran into it.

He has the best luck of the sport with the greatest mouth.

Chad showed how to definitely beat him but we all know seeing him go out like Ronda would be so much sweeter.

I like him. I don't like his fans. SHIT, i don't like any fans that say goat or fill in the blank bless. That said, I'll like him when the cock suckers move onto a new dick. What's hilarious is despite what i just said, I'm a "hater" and "gotten to. " How the fuck am i going ti sleep tonight now? gee golly gosh
You are truly gotten to and definitely a sore hater. Conor is the Goat, you RDA nut huggers are delusional. Conor Bless you, Conor Bless your dog, Conor Bless your mother, Conor Bless your mountain dew, Conor Bless your couch, Conor Bless your fat girlfriend and Conor Bless your twinkles.

Back