I truly believe Conor fans care more if Conor wins then Conor

OnMcGregorNutz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie I was more of a conor fan a year ago more then I am now. I hate to say it but the amazing confidence he had in himself has turned to full arrogance. I know some of it is an act but come on, we can tell he has changed. I'm still pulling for him to beat RDA but I would have been more upset if he had lost to aldo then, compared to now, if he loses to RDA. The over the top personality has lessened the allure he once possessed. When his remarks didn't seem pre planned and he wasn't trying to impressive everyone at every given opportunity. I could almost guarantee people close to him have noticed a change in him. He seemed real a year ago. Now everything seems fake or idk either way it has changed my view of him. I guess I enjoyed him more when he was striving for power, instead of now, where he is clearly in power. Maybe he has always been like this but I don't think so.

I also think he really doenst care any more if he loses. He was in this to get rich. So he HAD TO WIN, to get that money. He has millions now, win or lose on March 5th he is making millions. And even if he loses to RDA he'll make millions when he defends his featherweight. And i'm sure a title defense, or rematch if he loses will net him millions more. Either way he doesn't HAVE to win to be set for life any more. And I think that can change a fighter. I hope it doesn't and I hope he really wants to be the GOAT % wrong. But he could be thinking no matter what he has 5 fights left in his career and he'll have 25-30 million dollars and be done, no matter how it ends. In the end I think his fans care if he wins more then he does because He will make millions regardless.

Your thoughts?

I'm not gonna lie I was more of a conor fan a year ago more then I am now. I hate to say it but the amazing confidence he had in himself has turned to full arrogance. I know some of it is an act but come on, we can tell he has changed. I'm still pulling for him to beat RDA but I would have been more upset if he had lost to aldo then, compared to now, if he loses to RDA. The over the top personality has lessened the allure he once possessed. When his remarks didn't seem pre planned and he wasn't trying to impressive everyone at every given opportunity. I could almost guarantee people close to him have noticed a change in him. He seemed real a year ago. Now everything seems fake or idk either way it has changed my view of him. I guess I enjoyed him more when he was striving for power, instead of now, where he is clearly in power. Maybe he has always been like this but I don't think so.

I also think he really doenst care any more if he loses. He was in this to get rich. So he HAD TO WIN, to get that money. He has millions now, win or lose on March 5th he is making millions. And even if he loses to RDA he'll make millions when he defends his featherweight. And i'm sure a title defense, or rematch if he loses will net him millions more. Either way he doesn't HAVE to win to be set for life any more. And I think that can change a fighter. I hope it doesn't and I hope he really wants to be the GOAT % wrong. But he could be thinking no matter what he has 5 fights left in his career and he'll have 25-30 million dollars and be done, no matter how it ends. In the end I think his fans care if he wins more then he does because He will make millions regardless.

Your thoughts?
m5Ca7oU.gif

I don't think he cares too much, either. Just looking for the money.

I don't care if he loses. But he's not going to.

I don't think he cares too much, either. Just looking for the money.

I don't care if he loses. But he's not going to.

yep. that's why I said I enjoyed him much more when he still had to grind to get to the $$$. now that he is set you really think he cares about being a GOAT? especially when he can get out relatively young with his health in check with 20,000,000 in the bank haha

I was also gonna dr/lol but you got me, I read it.

I think you have a poor judgement of character and a poor estimation of what Conor will do and can make in MMA. ..imo and stuff.

I was also gonna dr/lol but you got me, I read it.

I think you have a poor judgement of character and a poor estimation of what Conor will do and can make in MMA. ..imo and stuff.

I praised his character coming from nothing to making millons. I estimate he is going to make a shyt load in MMA but he can make a shyt load in MMA regardless if he wins or loses right now. He has a few fights regardless of what happens with RDA that will make him some serious money.

All I wonder, is if he cares about legacy or just money

Well there are definitely Conor fans who are not MMA fans, they're simply Conor fans.

All I wonder, is if he cares about legacy or just money

I don't think it's exclusive, and I assume Conor agrees with me.

Will he get paid well for the RDA fight if he loses? Sure.

Will he make 10, 20 million as you suggest over his career? Not without a very impressive amount wins.

He can make good money losing, sure, but the figures you're talking about takes a lot of winning.. imo. I'll acknowledge I don't know much these guys bank.

Wow I'm sure Conor will be devastated when he hears your opinion of him has changed, TS.

I want Conor to lose. But, not for himself. I want him to lose to stifle the bullshit spewed by his over the top fans. I've more or less accepted that Mar 5th Sherdog is blowing up... one way or the other. This place will never be the same. If Conor wins the shit will never end. If he loses, they'll pout. Go all Brazilian, and just keep up the shit. But, not to the same degree. Because they'll get mocked constantly if they pull shit.

I really have nothing that personal against the guy. And him winning over Aldo was the last fight a very dear friend got to see ( His father was born in Eire, and he's Irish to the core ). He loved Conor, but wasn't an idiot about it. He died shortly after. I took the laptop to the ICU ward and streamed that fucking fight. He wasn't gonna miss that fight as long as I was physically able to allow him to see it. So, I've taken on a kinda sideways angle of being a fan. But, his rabid fans are just really too much.

It's gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

Will he make 10, 20 million as you suggest over his career? Not without a very impressive amount wins.

He can make good money losing, sure, but the figures you're talking about takes a lot of winning.. imo. I'll acknowledge I don't know much these guys bank.

you're right i'm wrong. according to

http://nesn.com/2015/12/conor-mcgregor-will-be-first-ufc-fighter-to-make-100m-in-earnings-ceo-says/

he made 500K for his last fight + 90k in bonuses. very nice chunk of money but nowhere near 'set for life" money. My numbers were deff over thought and im assuming he still has to care.

disregard OP haha

Well I doubt it. If he wins sure they'll love it but if he loses they'll either stampede for the next hype train or start trickling away slowly between the RDA loss and the Edgar loss.

you're right i'm wrong. according to

http://nesn.com/2015/12/conor-mcgregor-will-be-first-ufc-fighter-to-make-100m-in-earnings-ceo-says/

he made 500K for his last fight + 90k in bonuses. very nice chunk of money but nowhere near 'set for life" money. My numbers were deff over thought and im assuming he still has to care.

disregard OP haha

You're both forgetting PPV cuts, he'll definitely make more than 10 million if he hasn't already. The bet he made with Dana on the Mendes fight was given to him as a bonus!

These guys are pros first to make a living and in ideal situations to be able to retire off their careers. And even with guaranteed contracts that are front-loaded, a fighter is always going to make more from winning.
Plus most are just competitive people.

He may have gotten himself in a more secure position but I think he still wants to win as much as ever. This money needs to last 40-50 years maybe. And more money keeps meaning better overall lifestyle.

I don't think he is going to rest on his laurels. Legacy means more to some than others but maximizing earnings never stops being the priority for any fighter.

You're both forgetting PPV cuts, he'll definitely make more than 10 million if he hasn't already. The bet he made with Dana on the Mendes fight was given to him as a bonus!

yes knew I was forgetting something. then add this fight, and next few fights. hes looking at 20 million in the bank

You're both forgetting PPV cuts, he'll definitely make more than 10 million if he hasn't already.

No I didn't, and I don't think that figure is accurate. I hope it is. I don't know.

Maybe including sponsors and outside pay he's getting something close to that, I don't believe he's getting that from ppvs cuts and fighting purses. I think you guys are over estimating the "ppvs cut".

The idea that a top MMA fighter, never mind someone like Conor, doesn't care if he wins or loses is pretty funny. Of course, the money is a major priority, but he loves to do this and I think he sees the opportunity to be something great and go down as one of the best to have ever done it, he's capable of it. He's still young and anyone who loves something and is competitive will never say or think "I don't care if I win or lose".

Back