The way in which WonderBoy dispatched of...

Rob_M.

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...and totally picked apart Hendricks. It would be hard to not give him a title shot. I don't think anyone has made Hendricks look that bad. It was like it was Johnys first time in the cage and looked like an unranked fighter. I would support WB fighting for the title next....would you?

He did enough for me to get a title shot. Looked impressive and I'd really like to see him fight Lawler.

I prefer fresh matchups

Thompson is legit and his next fight has to either be a title shot or eliminator.

Dana also likes it. I can see Wonderboy getting title shot next.

AA could have had the title shot if that mir fight wasnt so godawful. I dont like guys playing it safe for a title shot. Wonderboy showed he wants that damn belt bad.

He deserves nothing less than a title shot.

Hell yeah, haha I love me some Lawler but he would really have his work cut out for him with this one. Wonderboy has definitely earned a title shot. Johnny only lost to to champs and actually a lot of people believe he beat GSP and he did beat Lawler so you really can't argue against a title shot.

Hendricks absorbs 900 strikes from Lawler for an hour of cage fighting, Wonderboy finishes him in three mins.

Screw GSP, put Wonderboy in UFC 200 he will give the world something to talk about.

Robbie fought last month. If UFC 200 is in July, it should give both fighters more than enough time to recover and get in a good camp. Almost perfect timing. Hopefully Thompson's foot is alright.

Can't think of anyone else that makes sense right now fighting for that WW title.

In a perfect world we would see

Lawler vs GSP
Condit vs Wonderboy for title shot

Which leaves one angry Woodley. Maybe he can fight Rory again or Maia since Maia will beat Brown with ease IMO.

If The UFC is about making the coolest fights it'll be Lawler next for Wonderboy. 5 rounds of brutal wonderspinshit, people, picture it!!!

Also isn't this the first fight for Hendricks under the new testing? I guess GSP was right about Hendricks.

Nobody treated Hendricks like that. He was simply the heavy bag for Thompson.

In that gif, wonder it didn't even have to follow through with the kick to KO lol

Which leaves one angry Woodley. .

eheheh well he should blame himself!!!!

remember when Nate marquardt nearly killed him in the ring,he should be doing THAT to OTHER people if he wants the shot.

eheheh well he should blame himself!!!!

remember when Nate marquardt nearly killed him in the ring,he should be doing THAT to OTHER people if he wants the shot.
I agree. He wants a title shot because he made weight against Hendricks and Johny did not. Dana also promised him a shot and Woodley foolishly believed him.

Robbie vs Wonderboy at 200.

Ruthless leaves on a stretcher.

I agree its a frustrating situation for him...but if he was killing his way to the title,and leaving corpses behind him,than no one else could show him up. He needs to use more throat punches and slamming guys on their heads. Maybe elbows to the spine.

170 is possibly the most intriguing division in the UFC. And Wonderboy is the division's hottest commodity at the moment, so it makes sense to capitalize on his that momentum and give him a shot. I say:

Lawler - Wonderboy
Woodley - Condit II
Rory - Hendricks

Of GSP could upset the whole equation if he comes back for UFC 200. In which case, give GSP the title shot, and set up Wonderboy-Woodley and Condit-Rory II.

Back