The McGregor Paradox

SirKratos

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
His head coach said that Conor is never gonna make 145 again. If thats true,why is he holding onto the FW belt?

If thats not true and Conor disagrees with his camp;

Then he sat down with UFC and told them he will actively defend the FW belt as well. Only logical explanation to me. Only explanation that won't led to shutting down of the division anyway.

Then why isn't UFC(or Conor) announcing the obvious right now(That Conor is going to fight for the FW belt next),keeping the fans in the dark?

I think he's holding onto it just in case he's loses to RDA.

Then he at least can still be a champ.

Because they want to see how his fight with RDA pans out to see what the biggest fight they can put him in for UFC200 is. If he loses, Frankie easy. If he wins? Holy crap there are so many ways they could take it. Frankie? A named fighter at 155? Lawlor? GSP?

I think he's holding onto it just in case he's loses to RDA.

Then he at least can still be a champ.

Makes sense.

It just sucks that they never gave another champion this opportunity.

i find conor's coach more annoying than conor. He talks way too much.

When he knocks out RDA, he can give Edgar his shot and then vacate.

Assuming he can make 145 without an IV.
The making weight part doesn't have anything to do with an IV.

He can make weight, but he'll likely come in looking like he did in the Mendes/Siver fight, and that won't be good for his career.

The simple answer everyone has pointed to: In the event of a loss to RDA, Conor is still a champ.

- If he wins, first two belt champ in UFC History and can:
a) Fight for WW belt to see if he can make it three belts
b) Allow a 'contender' fight at FTW to happen - with the marketing centered around who gets a shot at McGregor - before he abandons the belt, this would ensure the UFC generates an audience for a division that will likely fall off the map once Conor leaves the division for good
c) Immediately abandon belt and begin defending at LW - still marketed as a champ.

Basically its an insurance measure. It's hard for me picturing him dropping to 145lbs again after LW. That's a rough cut.

Makes sense.

It just sucks that they never gave another champion this opportunity.
Like?? Andy never wanted it, he befriended Jon Jones at a signing and then said he could never fight a friend.

GSP never wanted to go up.

RDA never asked for it

Aldo?? The guy already barely fought more then once a year, if he held 2 belts it would destroy both divisions.

Conor fights 4 times a year, because he's an active fighter it's doable

Like?? Andy never wanted it, he befriended Jon Jones at a signing and then said he could never fight a friend.

GSP never wanted to go up.

RDA never asked for it

Aldo?? The guy already barely fought more then once a year, if he held 2 belts it would destroy both divisions.

Conor fights 4 times a year, because he's an active fighter it's doable

They never wanted it because...

Any guess? (Hint: Read the post you just quoted)

They never wanted it because...

Any guess? (Hint: Read the post you just quoted)

I did... he said it sucks they never gave another champion this chance, as if insinuating it's favoritism, which its not, no other champ wanted it or wasn't active enough to warrant it.

I did... he said it sucks they never gave another champion this chance, as if insinuating it's favoritism, which its not, no other champ wanted it or wasn't active enough to warrant it.

Thats Stupid. You can't possibly know if they would do it under different conditions.

Which is a huge difference,so

The 145 title is just insurance for if he doesn't get the 155 title.

He is doing what he said he will do since he came to the UFC

He wants to be a 2 weight world champ , belts held consecutively .It has nothing to do with in case he loses .

I fully expect that after he beats RDA he will vacate the featherweight belt

In the unlikely event that he loses to RDA he will still vacate the belt

He doesn't need to put his body through that cut again

He is multimillionaire now and life is too good for him to have to go through that shite

He just want to do what nobody else has done .

Like seriously i have to laugh at the fact people think he is keeping the featherweight belt just in case he loses , he is gonig after a dominant guy from the weight class above so how can anyone think he is some sort of pussy ?

Back