Henderson vs Machida 2 sucks ass: Here's why

YesMySon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
two of my favorite fighters of all time. Hendo and Machida. Last time they fought it wasn't magic, but at least it meant something in the division.

Now hendo has lost twice to Belfort, and Machida to Romero and Rockhold. I don't know who looked worse, but it is obvious the young lions are here. Well maybe not belfort.

I don't see the point. whoever loses should probably retire, and whoever wins, whats next? The only good thing I can see coming out of this is Belfort vs Machida.

I expected an actual fight break down analysis...but yeah this fight seems kinda pointless. Hopefully Hendo goes with a better gameplan this time

It's a legend vs. legend fight. Who else are these old men gonna fight?

I can't image Machida will let the H-Bomb land. And beating the shit out of an old man isn't really very impressive. Unless there's a crane kick involved.

I hated it when they announced it the first time. Hendo was on a streak including Fedor and the Shogun scrap, it was his last chance to fight for a title. Machida won and the fight wasn't great.

The rematch literally nobody wants.

Im not excited about it,but Machida could still prove that he can have fun fights at a lower level...henderson on the other hand should retire win or lose. Its not fun to really watch him anymore,and hes only gonna win if you run right at him ala boetsch.

Machida will finish it this time. Poor Dan probably deserves better but what can you do?

It's a shit fight, but I always enjoy watching Hendo get KOd and hopefully it'll bring machida back to relevance.

I think the shots Machida did land in their 1st fight would take Henderson out at this point. His chin just isn't what it used to be.

Conversely, hard to see that h bomb landing but if it does it'll put machida out.

It's a legend vs. legend fight. Who else are these old men gonna fight?
37 is considerably younger than 45 in terms of athletic ability. I think they scraped the bottom for Machida to get his confidence back, but I'd have liked to see him in a more competitive fight. Hendo has lost more speed in the last few years than Machida has.

I'd rather watch mighty mouse fight than seeing this...

Actually on reflection I'd rather stick rusty needles down my nails than watch mighty mouse.

I hope this is Lyotos last fight win or lose but hopefully a win.

I don't have a problem with it, Machida's days of contending for the title are over but Machida could still beat guys like Bisping, Kennedy, and Mousasi.

Why not take fun fights and get some good paychecks before retirement? Hendo 2, Bisping, Kennedy, Rashad 2, Shogun 3, all winnable fights for him.

I'm looking forward to a renewed Machida 2.0 now being trained by Rafael Cordeiro and Nick Curson at Kings MMA. That's gonna be something special.

Not every fight has to have a giant meaning behind it. In fact, most don't. Both are big names, both are big draws. I'll watch. I'm interested.

Why not?

I only hope Dan finds a way to survive.

And yeah, definitely a rematch nobody wanted to see.

Back