If Conor wins. Is his run the biggest achievement in UFC history?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Holding two titles at the same time. TKOing everyone including P4P nr1. Predicting the time and how he will win, and be right. Moving up and winning against someone who destroyed Pettis, Cerrone x 2, Benson and Diaz.

BTW I'm picking an easy win for RDA.

Fedor's achievements > King Alaric conquering Rome in 410AD

Rome was overrated at that point. Not as big a win as some would have you believe.

The Visigoths were no better than dog's in the eyes of Rome, Rome have always underestimated Germanic tribes and sometimes it came back to bite them on the arse.

Holding two titles at the same time. TKOing everyone including P4P nr1. Predicting the time and how he will win, and be right. Moving up and winning against someone who destroyed Pettis, Cerrone x 2, Benson and Diaz.

BTW I'm picking an easy win for RDA.
I don't subscribe to the Shang Tsung logic where you absorb everything of your opponent. If Conor beats RDA he beat RDA. He doesn't get the slightest credit for 4 consecutive wins against the top lightweights. So now it looks as if you are just asking if 2 wins = greatest "run" in UFC history. No, it doesn't.

Yes it would be. No one would be able to touch the 2/3 year run of dominance.

Yes, until Bones takes the HW belt.

Absolutely. There have been fighters with a longer streaks but he would be the only one who did not get stuck in a single division.

Anderson is the only champ who succesfully fought in a higher division in modern UFC, but his fights were fun fights, not attempts at the belt.

It's not ob Jones' level, yet. He just barely became champion. Also, Silva, GSP and Machida had impressive runs. I think even Aldo has a more impressive run than Conor's--even if he wins.

Yes, unless Jones beats DC again and wins the HW strap.

He's awesome but as the cavalcade of falling champions over the last year or so proves, winning 2 title fights in a row still pales compared to winning 10 in a row.

The haters will hate, but the greatest run would come down to Conor and Jones.

Jon Jones: 15 UFC Wins, including dominant wins of 7 current or former champions. Never beaten.
Conor Mcgregor (if he beats RDA): 8 UFC wins, 2 belts, and a ko of the greatest 145er ever.

Conor has yet to defend a belt, and Jones will remind everyone why he's the GOAT upon return, as I've said before.

No. The fact that UFC hasn't given others that opportunity that many of have asked for and might well have been able to do takes away from it. He is allowed to do so without cleaning out his division, without any title defenses, and with only fighting 2 times a year already. When you have someone like mighty mouse who had a good shot against TJ, has 7 title defenses and has cleared out his division and out struck cruz. It would be a great achievement but this would take away from it significantly

Unless he loses...then the Conor fans will have to borrow all the Northcutt fan's tampons..

Cv4Aq8s.jpg

Absolutely. There have been fighters with a longer streaks but he would be the only one who did not get stuck in a single division.

Anderson is the only champ who succesfully fought in a higher division in modern UFC, but his fights were fun fights, not attempts at the belt.

He is also the only one who has been allowed to do this. Conor's achievments are nice but he hasn't defended his FW belt yet either, his run isn't close to the best yet, he's beat Mendes, Poirer, Aldo and a bunch of bums

He is also the only one who has been allowed to do this. Conor's achievments are nice but he hasn't defended his FW belt yet either, his run isn't close to the best yet, he's beat Mendes, Poirer, Aldo and a bunch of bums

It is a part of the game. Any dominant champ could have done the same if they were brave enough.

It isn't just the run he's had, but the manner in which he's disposed of his opponents. I'd say capturing the LW title and defending both titles at least once would pretty much seal the deal.

Back