I regret so much giving shit to Wonderboy

Mau

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
and I eat this crow with pride.

As a Brown nuthugger I gave him so much shit and hated the hype job, super striker, 999-0 kickboxing record, blabla.

Now he proved me wrong time and time again, and I am proud to see this man fight, it's beautiful and inspiring.

I don't have a lot of favorites, maybe two or three, and now he is one of them. Here I am hoping he has a lot of success.

I think he'll be champ before end of the year

So now who do you have if Wonderful boy rematches death metal Brown?

Conor gets a lot of credit for being elusive and having a diverse striking game and he's certainly a great fighter, but in the Hendricks fight, Wonderboy hit a wonderful crescendo. He had it all: good footwork, range control, TDD, precision, feints, and although not nuclear bomb level, to K.O. Hendricks like that, he must have good power.

Wonderboy has as good a shot as any fighter at beating Lawler and I'll be rooting for him, but even if Lawler is flatfooted, his berserker mode can be overwhelming for anyone to handle. Hopefully Wonderboy wins the title and keeps getting better.

Wonderboy is like what people want Sage to be. Except instead of doing sword dancing he was actually fighting people his whole life.

kudos to a man who can admit hes wrong.

I too thought Wonderboy would get mauled fighting better competition. If not the title he deserves a #1 contender fight.

Lawler vs Wonderboy
Maia vs Woodley for next in line (if Maia gets pass Brown)

I love that mma is now getting the the level where striking is deciding most of the fights, almost everyone is now well rounded enough to stop them self getting a lnp loss, don't get me wrong I love bjj when a guy is trying to finish a fight with it, but for a long time the UFC was dominated by wrestlers who valued position over all else.

To see guys like Wonderboy, Conor, Lawler Rockhold and even RDA win or become contenders mainly due to their stand up is refreshing.

Last edited:
Back