How Can You Give Woodley A Title Shot Over Wonderboy

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Woodley is coming off of an unimpressive split decision over an out of shape Kelvin Gastelum, and is only a couple fights removed from being dominated by MacDonald.
Wonderboy is on a way longer and more impressive winning streak and just destroyed Johny Hendricks in one round.
How can the people saying Woodley deserves title shot explain this??

Yea no way Woodley over Wonderboy - not even close really - Wonderboy's streak and wins are top shelf.

images

Yup no one wants to see woodley get a titleshot simply because his opponent missed weight he has hardly been awe inspiring

Plus the woodley fight is a hell of alot less interesting. Wonderboy put the entire div. on blast by doing what no one has come close to doing.

robbie/wonderboy is the fight to make. this isn't rocket science.

woodley can have the maia/brown or the magny/lombard winners.

i mean, it sucks for woodley. He never got the chance to murk Hendricks, by no fault of his own, and then someone else gets to capitalize on what could have been his big win? If anything, make T-Wood and Wonderboy fight each other for the number one contender slot while Condit rematches Lawler.

Yup, Woodley is getting gifted a TS.

i mean, it sucks for woodley. He never got the chance to murk Hendricks, by no fault of his own, and then someone else gets to capitalize on what could have been his big win? If anything, make T-Wood and Wonderboy fight each other for the number one contender slot while Condit rematches Lawler.

naaaaaaaaaaah let wonderboy get the shot,he koed hendricks,now is the time! the momentum is too sweet.

Yeah, but he cries about so much that people feel like giving him the shot

This poll is from Jan 3-4. 23% wanted Woodley to get the shot. 15% wanted Maia to get the shot. Only 13% wanted Wonderboy/Hendricks winner to get the shot. I didn't understand it then and I still don't. I don't even think Woodley is top 5 in deserving the shot.

come on guys, not giving woodley a title shot now would not be good for his brand

You can't, wonderboy is the only choice and I see him dominating Robbie almost as badly as he did Hendricks.

Someone else "got to capitalize on what could have been his big win" because they were willing to fight. Woodley chose to sit out and not fight, having already sat out 8 months as of his fight cancellation.

Lawler dont want none of this

latest

Nobody should.
This poll is from Jan 3-4. 23% wanted Woodley to get the shot. 15% wanted Maia to get the shot. Only 13% wanted Wonderboy/Hendricks winner to get the shot. I didn't understand it then and I still don't. I don't even think Woodley is top 5 in deserving the shot.
It's because few expected Wonderboy to win, and very few were interested in Lawler vs Hendricks 3.
But yeah still weird that many thought Woodley deserved it.

Wonderboy is the obvious choice for Robbie next. Woodley could fight either Rory or Carlos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back