Most Shocking Fight Results in the past year

chinarice

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I can honestly say I never thought I would see the day that Jake Shields or Josh Barnett were submitted in MMA.

Seeing Hendricks getting destroyed inside of 5 minutes was pretty shocking, as well as McGregor one-shotting Aldo.

Anyone have any others?

I mean Rousey getting bashed into hiding and maybe retirement was pretty bad

Reem win over JDS.

Aldo ko didnt shock me at all. I was expecting that result. McGregor told everybody that he was going to ktfo Aldo inside one and he did it. Not surprising at all. Conor haters dont be surprised march 5 when gringo gets knocked out cold in under one minute.

Seeing Rockhold brutalize Weidman the way he did was pretty shocking to me. I gave him a fair chance of winning, but thought it'd be more along the lines of a decision win if he did.

What shocked me the most is that fighters seem to have huge problems getting around the anti doping agency. Suddenly everyone that looked unbeatable, now seem average, and the most shocking results are that we have 5 new champs in a year.

(I am not blaming anyone. i am just saying...)

Aldo lose by KO in 13 sec.
Ronda getting head kicked.
JDS lose by KO against Reem.
Hendricks lose by KO. I really thought the fight would end in a decision.
Barnett getting subbed.

It's not on the same level as McG-Aldo or Holm-Rousey in terms of shock, but Pettis getting outstruck and schooled by RDA was quite surreal at the time. Pretty Tony had looked brilliant vs Bendo, Melendez, Cerrone etc.

Seeing Rockhold brutalize Weidman the way he did was pretty shocking to me. I gave him a fair chance of winning, but thought it'd be more along the lines of a decision win if he did.

I knew it would end badly for Weidman. He has shit cardio, and as soon as he met someone he couldnt take down and control, he was always going to gas and fold.

number #1 for me was rothwell subbing josh. that was the absolute least likely outcome for that fight. but it seemed last year was full of shockers to be honest. maybe not to the hardcore fans but to the casual and general public. honda vs holly was upset of the year to the casual. and for me there were two shockers saturday.. nelson vs rosholt. nelson via dec. shocked me. i thought if it went the distance it would had been all hugitout rosholt. and scoggins out wrestling borg was highly unexpected. but man that kid evolved.

Back