Is Wonderboy the best striker in WW?

Is he?

• Total voters

Alex

HAHAHA LMFAO LOL
@Black
Reaction score
Before the Hendricks fight I thought that Wonderboy is just OK, would never bet on him to KO Hendricks in the first round.
Wonderboy jusr destroyed IMO the best fighter in the division, is he that good or Hendricks sucked? And how is Wonderboy compared to other strikers?

Offhand, I am inclined to say that he is.

His striking is the best period. I expect him to be the next champion if he gets a title shot now. If he faces someone like Maia on the way, he could be in trouble..

He's definitely got the best credentials but you shouldn't have put option 3 of you wanted a serious poll.

Yes. He is very offensively and defensively sound.

But that might be thrown out the window if he gets into a dog fight.

Fighting Lawler, it's going to be a dog fight.

I wouldn't mind him vs Rory either. Would be a close fight.

He's definitely got the best credentials but you shouldn't have put option 3 of you wanted a serious poll.

I agree, that's why I voted for option 3 myself.

Definitely. I could have told you that though before the Hendricks fight.

I think Rory would out strike him, Robbie would aswell.

I think he probably is but I also picked option 3. Just because.

Michael Venom Page vs Wonderboy Thompson for best striker in MMA

In pure striking? I would say without a doubt. (sorry Carlos, I still luv ya)
I think Robbie would have had as much trouble as Hendricks but he has the benefit of his post fight analysis of what Wonderboy did to baffle him to bring into his training.
Maia has a way of dragging top prospects down to Earth though

Page striking is overrated

That's hard to prove

michael-page-ko-o.gif

UntimelyCavernousBull.gif

LeanFlippantAustraliancurlew.gif

6_Michael_Page_vs._Ryan_Sanders__23Bellator.gif

I think he just exposed how bad Hendricks' striking game is.

I think Rory would out strike him, Robbie would aswell.
Yes to Rory because he is long, has kicks, and will mix things up with his grappling. Robbie no way. He would get picked apart outside much worse than what Condit did.

Yes to Rory because he is long, has kicks, and will mix things up with his grappling. Robbie no way. He would get picked apart outside much worse than what Condit did.

Add Condit to my list, Robbie would close the distance better than Hendricks, and eventually TKO him.

That was about the best striking performance Ive ever seen in the octagon considering Hendricks's talent and chin. Probably only Anderson v Forrest was better

Back