UFC announces Rothwell v JDS

MoMurdah

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
http://m.ufc.com/news/Rothwell-vs-JDS-Headlines-Zagreb-Event

Rothwell vs. JDS Headlines Zagreb Event
February 08, 2016

Fresh from his submission win over Josh Barnett last month, Ben Rothwell will continue his march toward the UFC heavyweight title when he squares off with former world champion Junior Dos Santos in the five-round main event of the UFC's first show in Croatia on April 10.

The UFC Fight Night event airs live from Zagreb Arena on FOX Sports 1.

Currently riding a four-fight winning streak in which he has submitted or knocked out all of his opponents, the fifth-ranked Rothwell has added two Performance of the Night awards to his resume during that spell, and he is eager to put another big win in the bank when he battles "Cigano."

A former world champion who owns victories over Cain Velasquez, Stipe Miocic, Frank Mir and Mark Hunt, Brazil's Dos Santos wants to kick off his 2016 campaign with a big win in Croatia, and if he does, the sixth-ranked contender is likely to land back in the race to regain his crown.

Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT® ZAGREB go on sale to the general public Friday, February 12 at 10 a.m. CET . Tickets are available for purchase via Eventim. UFC FIGHT CLUB members have the opportunity to purchase tickets early, on Wednesday, February, 10 at 10 a.m. CET via www.ufcfightclub.com. UFC newsletter subscribers will also have priority access starting on Thursday, February 11 at 10 a.m. CET.

Thoughts? JDS is my favorite fighter but I have a soft spot for Rothwell, so I am torn. I just hope JDS doesn't get KO'd again

Ufc trying to derail Rothwell

I'll be happy for whoever wins this one. Would be an Overeem-ish comeback win for JDS, or an undeniable TS for Cackling Ben.

I read about it in the thread below this one.

I don't know what to think about JDS anymore. That Overeem/JDS fight should've been a double KO with how awful they both performed.

It's a fight that makes no sense for Rothwell whatsoever. He deserves the shot, no if and's or butts about it.

Terrible fight. Makes no sense and the UFC just wants to derail Rothwell.

It's also a big lose/lose situation for JDS. If he loses against Rothwell he'll be seen as done and it'll be a really bad loss for his career. If he wins people will just say that Rothwell was never that good.

Shit fight UFC.

Would love JDS to get back on track with a dominant win but all the momentum is with Ben.

If Rothwell wins this they pretty much HAVE to give him the shot right?

they want to block Rothwells way by letting him fight JDS

I'm not sure why people complain. Rothwell deserves a title shot but putting him against someone who just had a bad performance is an unfair tactic to derail him?

giphy.gif

My boy JDS should be given a can. Believe you on me or not, I think Rothwell is the favorite here, unless the real JDS shows up.

Why didn't they give him Overeem?
I'd love to see Rothwell fight for the belts

Would really love this fight, just to see what JDS his approach is in this one. He seemed very anxious against Reem.

The old jds needs to show up and destroy rothwell

Why didn't they give him Overeem?
I'd love to see Rothwell fight for the belts

Give overeem who? Overeem just KO'd JDS and Rothwell just KO'd Overeem. So, who you got in mind for Overeem?

Ufc trying to derail Rothwell

Why are people always talking about derailing? No offence, but if he gets a title shot and wins, won't he have to face JDS sooner or later? If he can't beat him then he doesn't deserve to be champion, so what's the difference if he has to fight someone higher ranked first?

Back