Dana White was 'blown away' by Mickey Gall, said he could fight CM Punk in June

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mickey Gall was the guy Dana White hand-picked and he came through with the UFC president watching Saturday night.

Gall beat Mike Jackson by submission in just 45 seconds at UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson in Las Vegas. Gall will now fight CM Punk in the former WWE star's UFC debut later this year.

"Super impressive," White told Ariel Helwani in an interview on UFC Fight Pass. "I talked to the kid earlier tonight. So confident, so smooth, so relaxed. To come to the big show this early in his career is crazy. He went out and performed tonight.

"The kid was under tremendous pressure tonight and he came out and he delivered. I'm blown away by his performance tonight. I'm sure CM Punk is too."

Gall (2-0) landed a right hand, dropping Jackson, who was making his pro MMA debut. Then Gall, who hails from New Jersey, pounced on Jackson and put to work his solid jiu-jitsu. The 26-year-old cinched in a rear-naked choke quickly and Jackson tapped out. Jackson, an MMA media personality, had not fought in MMA since an amateur bout in 2012, but has pro boxing and kickboxing experience.

In the fall, White saw Gall fight for Ring of Combat in Philadelphia. Gall won and then, knowing White was in attendance, called out CM Punk. White loved it and gave him the opportunity to fight for that chance in the UFC.

"It's all about being the right guy in the right place at the right time," White said. "We're traveling around to all these shows. We're seeing a lot of interesting people that we normally wouldn't see if we weren't doing this. And Mickey Gall had it that night. Mickey Gall had it that night. Everybody has been calling out CM Punk, but that's the kid that I liked."

White said there is no official date yet for the Gall vs. Punk bout, but the UFC is still "looking at" UFC 199 in June. Punk told Helwani in an earlier interview that he was hoping he had enough "stroke" to get on UFC 200.

"I know he does," White said of Punk's desire to be on the huge UFC event July 9 in Las Vegas. "Everybody wants 200. Everybody wants to fight at 200, but I can't put everybody on 200."

Source

"Blown away" by Mikey Gall finishing a photographer in less than a minute. Ha, ha, and ha.

"Let me tell you something, this Mickey Gall kid ... he fuckin' won his first UFC fight in 30 seconds. Thirty fucking seconds ! Can you believe that ? This is crazy ! CM Punk is fighting this absolute killer. CM Punk vs Mickey Gall is some top of the food chain MMA. You've got CM punk, this crazy wrestler who has been training with Duke Roufous for a year .. and he's fighting a guy undefeated in the UFC who finished his last fight in 30 seconds. Only on PPV. Buy it, ya goofs !"

Looks like the Baldfather is planning to include the Mickey "Rourke" Gall vs CM "Phil Brooks" Punk on the UFC 200 card.

As long as he says "fuckin'" and "crazy" enough, that should be enough to convince anyone.

insert any name in the place of "mikey gall" and you have dana's promotional formula.

Source

"Blown away" by Mikey Gall finishing a photographer in less than a minute. Ha, ha, and ha.

"Let me tell you something, this Mickey Gall kid ... he fuckin' won his first UFC fight in 30 seconds. Thirty fucking seconds ! Can you believe that ? This is crazy ! CM Punk is fighting this absolute killer. CM Punk vs Mickey Gall is some top of the food chain MMA. You've got CM punk, this crazy wrestler who has been training with Duke Roufous for a year .. and he's fighting a guy undefeated in the UFC who finished his last fight in 30 seconds. Only on PPV. Buy it, ya goofs !"
Shit i only clicked the thread to see if it was Arianny Celeste.

Confession : I posted the article before thoroughly reading it. I found it fucking hilarious that what Dana actually said was very similar to my sarcastic comment about what Dana would have said. I'm kinda becoming a fan of the guy. He can talk so much bullshit with a straight face it's actually entertaining.

"Super impressive," White told Ariel Helwani in an interview on UFC Fight Pass. "I talked to the kid earlier tonight. So confident, so smooth, so relaxed. To come to the big show this early in his career is crazy. He went out and performed tonight.

"The kid was under tremendous pressure tonight and he came out and he delivered. I'm blown away by his performance tonight. I'm sure CM Punk is too."

Amazing time to be an mma fan. Either of these guys will be champ.

DW would be blown away by a sheep farting if he could make money off it.

Last edited:
What the fuck, is Dana for real ? Kimbo slice could finish a fight in his debut if you matched him up with a complete bum. Hell I could set a new world record, just let me fight a 12 year old boy and I'll be smashing records quicker than Conor McGregor.

oh yeah he was amazing crushing a guy with a 0-1 amateur record and a 0-0 pro record

Source

That fight definitely look staged, the dude tapped instantly and didnt even try to defend. He didnt even try to fight at all. Very bad acting performance. Dana is just trying to bring views by trying to make Gall look legit.

That fight definitely look staged, the dude tapped instantly and didnt even try to defend. He didnt even try to fight at all. Very bad acting performance. Dana is just trying to bring views by trying to make Gall look legit.

Before it started you could tell he could not care at all, he was just looking at the ground like he was sad he was brought in to lose.
The guy would not even fight Punk if he won, the whole fight was just stupid.

I'm sure his fighters love being called "kids"

He should've been blown away by Scoggins and Thompson.

Super impressed by a 1-0 guy beating a 0-0 shocker?

Back