Is it unfair that some fighters have a size advantage?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Casual here,

Any fight where the fighter has an obvious reach advantage (DC-Jones / Hendricks-Wonderboy) I always feel:

1) Shouldn't the taller fighter move up a weight-class? It doesn't seem fair. -example: Aldo-McG

2) The larger or taller fighter has the advantage. It's up to the shorter fighter to apply pressure and close the distance.

Sure, there's been countless times when reach/size has counted for nothing and the other guy won - but overall I think some guys are just too big for their weight class and some fighters gain an unfair advantage.

I think if you're shorter than your opponent you should be given a stick to make up the difference.

The reach part is ridiculous. That's life BUT…

Of course a weight disadvantage is unfair but that's what the IV ban is for. Hendricks was cheating the system cutting from 200lb. Now he came in looking like a LW and got stomped. Weidman used to be a huge MW. Now all that weight advantage is gone and he looks like a WW… What happened? He got stomped. The IV ban is a step in the right direction…

TS struggling with the concept of weight classes here.

Gross weight cutting for advantage is not advantage it is basically cheaping.

You're really thinking genetics is a disadvantage? And think that if someone has better genes they should move up in weight? No. No they shouldnt.

Wonderboy had a striking advantage over Johny. We need to fix that shi* to make things fair.

You're right! Maybe there should be pro basketball leagues for guys over 7 feet, guys in between 6'4 and 6'11, and guys below.

Why not have speed divisions too, for guys who are faster than others?
Or power divisions?

You know, make it fair for everyone

Im with TS. Sick of them making these short armed Flyweights fight against Middleweights

The short-arses need to quit making excuses
anigif_enhanced-13698-1393356342-6.gif

Weight class are the best way possible

If at equal phisical shape and weight you're getting dwarfed in height good chances are that you're way stockier/stronger than your opponent

Sometimes this get used sometimes not

Does George Roop have a size advantage on Hunt or DC because he's taller?

Casual here,

Any fight where the fighter has an obvious reach advantage (DC-Jones / Hendricks-Wonderboy) I always feel:

1) Shouldn't the taller fighter move up a weight-class? It doesn't seem fair. -example: Aldo-McG

2) The larger or taller fighter has the advantage. It's up to the shorter fighter to apply pressure and close the distance.

Sure, there's been countless times when reach/size has counted for nothing and the other guy won - but overall I think some guys are just too big for their weight class and some fighters gain an unfair advantage.

All I got from that was

image001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back