Best main/co-main, Ufc 196, 197 or 198?

Best main and co main

• Total voters

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After last night all 3 main and co mains have been leaked or announced. Which is the best pair of fights?

Ufc 196
Connor vs RDA- LW title fight
Holm vs Tate- wbw title fight

Ufc 197
Jones vs Cormier- lhw title fight
DJ vs Cejudo- fly title fight

Ufc 198
Werdum vs Stipe- HW title fight
Vitor vs Jacare

All 3 are stellar, tbh its not easy but I guess 196 is my favorite.

Quality of main/co-main are objectively quantified by the number of PPV sales. In that sense, UFC 196 > UFC 197. UFC 198 isn't even relevant in that regard. Only one of the 3 main events is called a superfight for a reason.

Quality of main/co-main are objectively quantified by the number of PPV sales. In that sense, UFC 196 > UFC 197. UFC 198 isn't even relevant in that regard. Only one of the 3 main events is called a superfight for a reason.

Yet Jon Jones could Frisbee toss Connor into outer space and he's most likely penetrated Holly's defense after a spirited round of sparring.

Jon Jones>196

It was a draw until I considered that one was a rematch.

They're all very good, the UFC outdid themselves. It's going to be a hell of a year for MMA. Buckle up boneheads because you're going for a ride.

armyofdarkness-quotes-buckle-up.gif

I would say im most looking forward to 196 with the super fight. Its gonna be interesting to see if Conor can actually pull it off. And im not a Conor fan by any means. And of course it will be cool to see how Holly looks vs Miesha and her different style than what Ronda has.

Of course 197 is gonna be good too with Jones and Cormier, but the flyweight fight brings it down a little bit. I actually like flyweight fights, especially DJ's, because of how technical they are. But I know im in the minority for that.

198 is a solid card. But no where near the level as 196 and 197.

But either way, fight fans are in for a really good next 6 months, especially with 200 coming up. Its gonna be a REALLY solid year.

196, it's going to be very satisfying to see Holly outclass Miesha

Conor vs RDA is by far the most massive fight

But Meisha vs Holly is meh for me

So 197 takes it, because Jones vs Cormier isn't THAT far behind RDA vs Conor, but DJ vs Cejudo is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Holm vs Tate

Yet Jon Jones could Frisbee toss Connor into outer space and he's most likely penetrated Holly's defense after a spirited round of sparring.

Jon Jones>196

A gorilla would frisbee toss Jones and Cormier simultaneously into another dimension while taking a dump.

But you don't see anyone putting a camera next to a gorilla habitat at the zoo and sell that stuff on PPV.

A fight is not a bigger/super just because the fighter is bigger and stronger. This is Prizefighting. The best fights are the ones that sell the most.

196 > 197.

I'm watching all 3. Finally the Ufc is doing right by Mighty mouse. He can't headline a fs1 card, so it's good to see him get in the spotlight. 197 has the last two dominant champions fighting their toughest opponents. I'm interested to see how Jones will adjust to his weight change.

RDA vs condo is probably the best main event (if we had never seen DC/Jones before I'd vote for that).

Vitor vs Jacare is the best co main

But 197 is the best overall

I'm watching all 3. Finally the Ufc is doing right by Mighty mouse. He can't headline a fs1 card, so it's good to see him get in the spotlight. 197 has the last two dominant champions fighting their toughest opponents. I'm interested to see how Jones will adjust to his weight change.

Why can't Mighty Mouse headline on FS1? He headlined on Fox and did pretty good ratings

Easy for me.

Has to be 196 or 197 because of two title fights.

And the MM/Cejudo title fight is less interesting than Holm/Tate

∴ 196 wins

For the Euro's it sucks that weve got to try and stay awake through 5 rounds of MM at 5 in the morning before we can see the Jones/Cormier match

Have to go with 196. Rarity that you have the reigning champ move up in class to challenge the champ.

I'm going with 197, the return of Bones is going to be epic and imo Bones vs DC II is bigger than both fights on 196

Aside from that fight, whether you're a fan of his style or not DJ is a dominant champion and Cejudo has looked impressive so far so that should be a good scrap as well

TBH I may be a bit biased though because I'm not a big fan of the WBW division although I do enjoy the WSW division

jacare is the best comain, mcgregor is the best main. my vote goes to 196 overall

Back