NCAA Wrestlers dont mean crap no more!

Zimo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Decorated All american wrestlers like bader, rosholt, cain, mendes and of course hendriks recently lost and a few got ktfo

Years ago that wouldnt have happened, MMA was taken over by lnp merchants

Strikers have taken over!

Thank fuck. Lay n pray was absolutely tragic to watch.

It's all about the WWE wrestlers now.

Depends if they pressed the fight or not. DC fought Gus, who was even more bouncer was successful because he pressed the fight and utilize constant wrestling. Hendricks pretty much gave up after the first TD attempt and decided to play the standup game.

Nothing wrong with a wrestling base in MMA. You just can't only be a wrestler like Jared Rosholt that throws a few strikes. The days of LnP are likely behind us.

It's all about actors now. Sell it, Sell it!! LOL

Decorated All american wrestlers like bader, rosholt, cain, mendes and of course hendriks recently lost and a few got ktfo

Years ago that wouldnt have happened, MMA was taken over by lnp merchants

Strikers have taken over!
Actually their ability to integrate it in to mma is their downside.
GSP is the one GOAT at mma wrestling. All the ones you mentioned have not intergrated their wrestling well in mma.
Rumble is a wrestler.

the strikers ability to keep the fight standing seems to have overtaken the wrestlers ability to get it to the ground

their will always be exceptions though

With a lot of the guys listed, their wrestling hasn't translated well for MMA. It's a whole different universe of application so its not a surprise a lot of world class wrestlers don't find the same success with their wrestling in MMA.

Same goes for a lot of kickboxers, Karatekas, etc with their primary discipline.

Everybody's a wrestler now, it's not like before where a guy would only have been wrestling for a couple of years, if your in the UFC chances are you've been wrestling in practice for 5+ years

I understand the hate for wrestlers, but c'mon... Not all of them were boring.
Only Fitch and maybe St. Pierre. And even those guys had some interesting fights to watch.
We see some really boring strikers too.

You don't really believe that do you? Think about how many of the current/recent champions that have college wrestling backgrounds, most all of them do.

Being an NCAA wrestler doesn't mean shit, huh?

LOL!!!!

How many top ten fighter's are wrestlers?

the strikers ability to keep the fight standing seems to have overtaken the wrestlers ability to get it to the ground

their will always be exceptions though

Just like it did in the 90s, and again in the '00s. This stuff goes in cycles.

Post fight hyperbole is the best!

I completely agree with you TS. I would like to addd that TS spoke the absolute truth and anybody who disagrees or tries to argue with him is ignorant and automatically wrong.

You don't really believe that do you? Think about how many of the current/recent champions that have college wrestling backgrounds, most all of them do.
MM-no
Cruz-no
Mc Gregor-Hell no
RDA-no
Lawler-no
Rockhold-no
Jones/cormier-yes
Werdum-no

So the only champs that wrestled in college are from the LHW division

Rethink your statement

Post fight hyperbole is the best!

I completely agree with you TS. I would like to addd that TS spoke the absolute truth and anybody who disagrees or tries to argue with him is ignorant and automatically wrong.

You forgot FACT, there aren't opinions on sherdog.

Back