Are there more subs or (T)KO victories in MMA?

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Going with the Gracie BJJ logic that 90% of the fight goto the ground. How many fights actually ended with a submission and how many by KO? I feel like there are a lot more KO victories in recent times.

What you guys think? More sub or (T)KO victories?

Also, I think the 90% is very overrated. Most youtube fights are actually KOs and standing through out.

i would say TKO/KO pretty easily

Going with the Gracie BJJ logic that 90% of the fight goto the ground. How many fights actually ended with a submission and how many by KO? I feel like there are a lot more KO victories in recent times.

What you guys think? More sub or (T)KO victories?

Also, I think the 90% is very overrated. Most youtube fights are actually KOs and standing through out.
I've seen a LOT of street fight videos - It's what I watch if I don't feel like watching MMA - and I'd say a hell of a lot of them go to the ground. It's VERY rare that a street fight ends in a sub because these bums don't know how to grapple, not because they don't go to the ground often.

80-90% of fights end up on the ground in the real world

(T)KO is the most common result.

Damn I j just noticed I never answered the originally question. I'm guessing TKO because you have guys that just aren't all versed in subs. Judokas and bjj guys are the guys looking to use subs. Boxers, all styles of kickboard (San shou, Muay Thai, kickboxing, karate, tkd, ect), wrestlers, brawlers are all going to favor pounding someone unconscious.

TKO for sure.

Faber is one of those guys who has a lot of subs, but a lot of those wins could probably be TKO's. He sinks in the choke after he rocks his opponent/ It's very smart, and I'm surprised less guys do it. Less risk of the opponent somehow surviving and the fighter gassing.

Back