I just watched Brown vs Thompson.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How did I miss this fckn fight? I cant believe Brown stood up with this guy and won. Shit, Brown is a beast.

What i recall, Brown was a savage beast that didnt stop comming; Brown was getting his ass kicked in the stand up and was only able to win by taking the wonderboy down because the wonderboy was so green in the mma game it worked, dont see it working this time of year.

Probably because you listened to idiots who would say that cards were watered down, when really, every card had epic wars like that on the prelims?

He didn't choose the name 'The Immortal' for nothin. Dude is a killer of killers.

What i recall, Brown was a savage beast that didnt stop comming; Brown was getting his ass kicked in the stand up and was only able to win by taking the wonderboy down because the wonderboy was so green in the mma game it worked, dont see it working this time of year.
Brown knocked Thompson down with an elbow.

He won the fight on the ground, but the standup was not a blowout.

That fight was a great learning experience for Stephen.

Ya the Diaz and Browns will always give wonderboy trouble.

Nick's first fight back - Matt Brown

How did I miss this fckn fight? I cant believe Brown stood up with this guy and won. Shit, Brown is a beast.
alot of people forget the fight happen in 2012 4 years ago wonderboy was green in mma

I watched it earlier as well, as I missed it originally. Thompson had Brown badly hurt in the second round and then Brown caught Thompson with a good short elbow and then followed it up with some vicious elbows on the ground that cut Thompson and got the round for Brown. Brown won ultimately though because of his takedowns. Thompson was clearly still developing his TDD and ground game, and he was exhausted by the 3rd round. It was an exciting fight.

Great fight that showed how much of a killer Brown is.

Second round was almost all stand up and it was a close round. Brown said he was unconscious but still didn't drop once during the fight. He was the one who dropped Wonderboy.

Not saying Brown might win but rematch would be nice...For the belt.

Matt Brown is a savage and Wonderboy was still green. A rematch would be dope as fuck.

The funniest thing about this fight was that Wonderboy was about a 3-1 favorite, and after he lost, everyone said he was overhyped.

Nick's first fight back - Matt Brown

Oh dear God that would be glorious. UFC 209: Diaz vs. Brown. That's all that really needs to be said to promote that card to me. I'll buy the HD pay-per-view of it and watch it with like twenty friends, easily. That's all that needs to be said.

Well okay most of them are casuals but throw in highlights of Diaz and Brown fights and shit, we're sold.

Also throw in something like Nate versus uhhh.. I don't know.. Lightweight's so weird.. Nate vs. Poirier or something off the wall like that.

The funniest thing about this fight was that Wonderboy was about a 3-1 favorite, and after he lost, everyone said he was overhyped.
That wouldn't be on Sherdog though, everyone here is very knowledgeable about MMA and so rational and measured in their thoughtful online debates.

Brown beats almost everyone as long as they aren't elite wrestlers or Robbie Lawler...

Everyone is going to make a million excuses for Wonderboy in retrospect.

Here come the Monday morning quarterbacks white knighting the flavor of the month.

Those trips Brown scored on Wonderboy were badass as fuck.
pYEIcVt.gif

At 1:16 left of Round 2, Matt Brown knocked down Wonderboy with an elbow. Yes, Wonderboy soundly won a good deal of the standup, but it wasn't a one-sided ass-kicking in striking. Getting dropped by strikes is taking significant damage. Brown also landed some good GNP, not just win by "taking the wonderboy down."

Back