is Gall vs Punk a mismatch?

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
2-0 record + won bjj tournaments vs guy with no experience in anything. I think Punk should fight a 0-0 fighter first then if he wins, he can fight Gall. Agree/disagree?

There are no easy fights in the ufc..

Well unless your name is Mikey Gall.

An experienced fighter vs someone with zero fights. Nah, sounds like fair competition.

If punk can't beat Gall then he is done anyway.

I still can't believe he'll ever step in that cage.

Gall seems good... They should have given Punk that photographer.

The look on Punk's face from last night can answer you that question .

Yeah Gall doesnt seem half bad. I'm sure Punk will put up a better fight than that dude w/e his name was.

Yeah who gives a fuck at this point, lets just get it over with. Shits been dragging on forever.

A guy who has proven himself (though he is very green) against a guy that has never fought and just recently started training. Yes, definitely a mismatch.

Though on the plus side, Gall will be the new poster boy. An undefeated fighter that took out CM Punk. Everyone on sherdog will be calling for Sage/Gall

CM Punk is 37, has no fight experience, no real athletic background, a little over a year's worth of training and over 15 years of pro wrestling "wear and tear" on his body.

Gall is 24, fresh, seems to be very athletic, has 4 real MMA fights under his belt (3 submissions) and has a fire lit under his ass knowing he's taking on someone with huge name value.

I think it's safe to say this is going to be a long shot for CM Punk.

2-0 record + won bjj tournaments vs guy with no experience in anything. I think Punk should fight a 0-0 fighter first then if he wins, he can fight Gall. Agree/disagree?
It is a mismatch, punk gonna whoop his ass, collect the cheques and then he's gone.

I think you'll all gonna make threads making fun of CM Punk after their fight.

He may very well lose. It happens. But if he does lose I expect this strange trend of shitting on fighters for losing to continue, unfortunately.

Nice try, but this guy has fought people like the Rock. He has plenty of experience.

1280px-Punk_vs._Rock_2013.jpg

Well yeah. It would been more wise giving him the "black power" guy as a first match.
I really don't think Punk will face Mikey, he looked kinda scared (which makes sense) after the match.
BUT if he do face Mikey next. It doesn't matter how outclass he get, I'll respect him for his bravery.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Gall come off as really smug? Maybe it's his face.

Back