Wonderboy.

Greedy Dana

Kanye's Biggest Fan
@purple
Reaction score
If we learned one thing last night, it's that Wonderboy can easily be the champ. Hendricks was a nightmare matchup for him and was the second best WW in the world with a great chin and he got KO'd in the first. Wonderboy is a great counter striker and is a better striker all around compared to Lawler. I predict Wonderboy will be the champ within a year and a half.

Striking seems to be the flavour of the month and we are seeing a new breed of fighting style coming to the fore with Holly, Conor leading the way. The tough little grapplers are getting schooled on the feet and this can only be a good thing because this ground n pound attitude is just boring these days. The UFC is evolving and I'm hoping more strikers get added. Wonder boy looked excellent against Hendricks but I chuckled when Hendricks suggested a rematch..I mean really...wtf?

Dont be so fast to give him a victory over lawler. everyone gets a big win and is calling for a title shot. think he should beat one more contender before a shot. condit, rory or woodley, in my mind they're all ahead of him for a shot.

What is the secret of his power? Punches look so soft. Yet are so devastating.

The White Spider would have been a good name for him too.

What is the secret of his power? Punches look so soft. Yet are so devastating.

The White Spider would have been a good name for him too.

Great timing

It's like a car crash with a truck

His kicks are too fast for grapplers to set anything up. He impressed the hell out of me. I thought Hendricks was the #1 WW, and Wonderboy made it look easy. His combinations were smooth, and he didn't rush Hendricks when he had him hurt, he stalked him and finished. His punches land on the button everytime. His kicks got through even when they were blocked.

Imo, of all the contenders at 170, Thompson has the best win. He just beat the former champ, and finished Hendricks. It's going to be hard for any other contender to show a better win than that.

The key has been his work on his wretling / counterwrestling. That was the gaping hole in his game, and he patched it up.

Dude is a straight up Hit Man now.

The key has been his work on his wretling / counterwrestling. That was the gaping hole in his game, and he patched it up.

Dude is a straight up Hit Man now.
You have to figure that just through the level of guys he trains with that he's bound to get better with his tdd. He was able to separate from the clinch fairly easy. That's a spot that Hendricks has held a lot of guys in. Great all around camp for Thompson.

Back