Why Wonderboy was able to defeat Hendricks

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
I used to train Karate under Bucks School of the Tiger in Rio Linda, California. In Karate, you are taught not to strike someone unless they strike at you. This is why Karate focuses on a counter -style.

You are also trained to punch or kick through your opponent, not at them, which causes more damage because Karate is a peaceful martial art but is a means of ultimate defense when your life is in danger.

Also, Karate trains sensory techniques. We used to sit in a chair blindfolded and would have to say when someone was coming near. Everyone has a sensory bubble around them where you can feel when they are near.

Karate is the ultimate martial art and is why Wonderboy won. Hendricks wanted to beat him up, Wonderboy just wanted to win.

Go Panthers, im drunk.

Ah, y'see, I was just going to say he hit him really hard.

It didn't hurt that Hendricks just stood there right in his range like a dumbass.

Karate seems to be having more success as of late, for sure.

In my karate classes we were taught to catch flies with chopsticks. Sometimes we had to wax our trainer's car. I don't think it had to do anything with karate, but still, it was an exercise.

That's why Wonderboy won. Screw MMA - Chopstick Karate FTW.

Go Panthers, im drunk.
swanson-dance.gif

Wonderboys footwork won him the fight.
Johnnys really good at closing distance however his rush is predictable, he doesnt use footwork to get inside he rushes similiar to shooting a takedown.
If hendricks had that king mo style footwork he would have probably worked his way inside.

The t-rex arms were coming up a little short. Great fight if you're a fan of karate...which I am.

Because Hendricks spits tobacco in a plastic bottle during live interviews.

I used to train Karate under Bucks School of the Tiger in Rio Linda, California. In Karate, you are taught not to strike someone unless they strike at you. This is why Karate focuses on a counter -style.

You are also trained to punch or kick through your opponent, not at them, which causes more damage because Karate is a peaceful martial art but is a means of ultimate defense when your life is in danger.

Also, Karate trains sensory techniques. We used to sit in a chair blindfolded and would have to say when someone was coming near. Everyone has a sensory bubble around them where you can feel when they are near.

Karate is the ultimate martial art and is why Wonderboy won. Hendricks wanted to beat him up, Wonderboy just wanted to win.

Go Panthers, im drunk.
Karate at 185.
FluidLegitimateCony.gif

Karate can be PART of this nutritious breakfast but don't think you can only train karate and then go out and tune up any wrestler you want to. I've seen WAY more karate/TMA fails than I've seen wrestling/Muay Thai fails in MMA. By a long shot. Get the hang of the other ranges/phases and then karate is some tough shit to beat, though. I still think karate biased styles will always be in the minority in the elite of MMA. When people figure out how to make it work it is a thing to behold.

He won because he rounded out his game. Working with CW surely has helped. Everyone in the division should have been shitting their pants after he dealt with Berger so easily on the ground and then KTFO him.

In his own words he waited for Johnny to run into a strike. Happened to be a solid front kick and a few straights. I love Karate more and more as I get older(Karate and TKD were my first martial arts classes way back when). I'm glad it is finally finding it's place in MMA.

I'll say this as no disrespect to karate.

Thompson would be successful regardless of what martial pursuits he had made. Karate doesn't translate as well to MMA and it takes a special person to use it effectively. He could have done MT and BJJ and he'd have excelled at those like he has with karate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back