losing faith in UFC but not lost

this is my new account

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have seen highs and lows in the UFC. But this new Generation of UFC is garbage. Fox and Reebok have made the ufc so stale. This whole CM PUNK situation makes me sick to my stomach. Promoting Rookies. The guy Gall fought said he knew he didnt deserve to be a UFC fighter but he officially is for the rest of his life. SAGE and Paige too. Paige and sage do have alot of upside but the UFC have Stephan Thompson to promote as the next big thing and i barely hear shit about him. He is what Sage dreams of becoming. I think im about to lose hope that this sport is the best sport around because of all the bullshit that has watered down the UFC brand. I honestly believe that the UFC needs to be back on SPIKE. Have clothing deals with companys that are fighting brands. Metal mulisha would be fucking perfect. The fans would actually jump on board. And to not have the referees stop fights as easy via TKO as they do now a days. let them fight. Hendricks fight should have atleast gone on about 5 more seconds to see if he could recover. The ref jumped in when he first went down. It reminded me of RDA vs Benson. And since the company has taken money out of every fighters pockets by doing the reebok deal im finished giving them my money until the fight game turns into the fight game again. My faith 1 day will be restored but it will never be like the liddell days that was the best era as a fan

What they need is a competitor to either replace them or improve them. Preferably the latter.

That time of the month, huh? well, hopefully you got it out of your system.

2015 was the best year of MMA ever. Period.

The one PPV so far of 2016? Gave us this:
010216-UFC-195-Robbie-Lawler-Carlos-Condit-MM-PI1.vadapt.480.high.63.jpg

So we had two recent free cards that were lackluster, and suddenly the UFC sucks?

UFC 189 > anything during the Liddell era, PRIDE era, or any other prior era that MMA hipster fans say was the "golden age".

Right now is the golden age.

The featherweight Champion is fighting the Lightweight Champion four weeks from now.

Also, why complain about referees when the UFC has no control over them? Do you really think Big John doesn't know when to stop a fight?

I guess you could watch Bellator. At least they don't make gimmicky fights.

I'm not going to tackle all of that nonsense, but I will say that the Hendricks stoppage was fine. He was getting battered against the fence before he slowly slumps down against the fence covering up, and he is clearly done. If you want to talk about bad stoppages, talk about BB vs. Grabber,

UFC is meh, but their fighters are fucking siiiick

People are just bitter cause more people want to watch Punk than the ol' PRIDE veterans, deal with it bitches.

In regards to the lack of hype for Thompson, you don't choose the hype, the hype chooses you.

Brother, it has got pretty sanitized from the old days, and some of the changes are downright 'fuck-me-off-able'. There's stuff to hate - Anik, the opening titles with the fucking fighting robots, Reebok.....
But there's still stuff to love - Nick Diaz, Holly destroying Dana's dream, Big John McCarthy.
Admittedly it's far from perfect but until Belator grows or McG KOs RDA and better fighter clauses I guess all we can do is keep watching and hoping.....

Punk was going to fight regardless of whether it was for the UFC, why would they let him go to a competitor and give them more exposure?

You skould´ve Caps Locked your post.

TS stop lying. You're gonna watch RDA vs McGregor.

Do we always have to have these threads? Year after year of "The UFC is going to $#!(" and similar complaints. Yet, as bad as people claim the UFC is, no other promotion has overcome them and we keep on watching.

Back