"listen to the sound on the replay"

Nelson McGunnar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We've heard this quite a number of times now.

Last night it was regarding the broken jaw, and with Machida getting crushed by Luke or Lyoto's body kick on CB.

Is this type of rhetoric going too far? I don't see why the UFC are telling their commentators to celebrate these nasty sounds.
I'm as liberal as the next man but you can maybe understand New York's position on the UFc with this sort of thing going on.

I've been listening to that knee landing on Noad Lahat on a constant loop today.

half-baked-boo-o.gif

Yeah I admit I turned away this time. I don't wanna watch a guys jaw break and celebrate the sound of it snapping in instant replay, no thanks.

It was brutal. What I found unneccessary was giving camera time to Nelson's cage-top celebration after that sh-t sandwich of a fight.

I'm as liberal as the next man but you can maybe understand New York's position on the UFc with this sort of thing going on.

Well you're clearly not as liberal as I am, because I loved it! The replay was awesome, especially considering Nicholson actually proposed to his fiancé at the weigh ins: Michael Bisbing warned that it might be the worst night of his life, well guess what? For once, he was right! Crunch crunch!

Also, the position that New York is taking has absolutely nothing to do with the brutality of the sport, it has everything to do with union politics, get a grip man. Plus not to mention, the fight in New York adds awesome drama to the sport, I hope the politicians keep fight ling the good fight for my entertainment.

I turned up the volume and listened and still didnt hear that violent of a crack. I musta been deaf for a second. But yea was sad to see someones jaw get broke. I listened and watched mainly to see if it was broke or dislocated.

That jaw snap makes my head vibrate. Very visceral and real. I don't like hearing that stuff often, but people find that shit entertaining.

Yeah I admit I turned away this time. I don't wanna watch a guys jaw break and celebrate the sound of it snapping in instant replay, no thanks.
What makes you think that watching something means you're celebrating it? No one can make you celebrate anything except yourself.

We've heard this quite a number of times now.

Last night it was regarding the broken jaw, and with Machida getting crushed by Luke or Lyoto's body kick on CB.

Is this type of rhetoric going too far? I don't see why the UFC are telling their commentators to celebrate these nasty sounds.
Gotta admit...having that replayed (the sound of his jaw snapping like a tree branch) was a little macabre.

Just beat each other senseless, but, please, do it quietly.

Poor taste. Not right for Fox audience.

Who wants their young kids hearing stuff like that?

Back