How can robbie beat wonderboy?

7yrWHITEbelt

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of both but at this point , how can Robbie beat wonderboy? Kinda shitty situation for Robbie lol

I bet if he punched him in the face really really hard that might work, Or kick,Or knee,or choke him, or decision

Ellenberger dropped him before he got KTFO so i think Robbie could too

Robbie would need to pressure and not play the distance game with Wonderboy which he always does

Robbie could certainly catch and hurt Stephen. I think it would be tough due to how well Stephen uses distance in space, but if he were able to get him against the cage, certainly a possibility. I'd lean toward Stephen because his advantage is more readily available, but it's not as though Robbie has no way to win.

Sure he can! But I also think that Wonderboy can beat Lawler. Same for Condit, two match ups that can go either way.

Thompson looked tentative in the start, if he can start off hot from the bell like in his previous. Not sure Robbie could touch him.

Waterboy doesn't like to get hit, that's how Robie would beat him.

If Wonderboy doesn't win in 4 rounds he should just give up, and do a Sage tap on the floor. We would all respect the young kid, cuz if 5th Round Lawler comes out agains that boy, he ain't gonna be walkin home.

Robbie would destroy Stephen

Big fan of Lawler but I'd definitely pick Wonderboy in that fight.

Robbie has to get off to a fast start, and as usual be tough as nails and survive beating most men couldn't. because he is going to get hit a lot.

Lawler has better takedowns ju jitsu and cardio.

Thompson is about 5 leagues superior with kicks though.

I'd say Wonderboy starches him within 2 rounds.

Brown also dropped him with an elbow.

Lawler's never been a technical striker on the feet though even with his boxing.

He originally had a wrestling background.

From a technical standpoint, Thompson is obviously going to give Lawler some issues, but Robbie's edge is in the tenacity department. There are very few fighters alive who can handle the level of violence he brings into the cage. If they fought, I think Thompson would win the first round or two, but Robbie would bang him up in the latter rounds and eventually start to dominate.

The question is whether Thompson could stop Robbie. I mean, it's possible, but Robbie's head movement, angles, and hand fighting games are much better than Hendricks', and much better than the vast majority of UFC fighters. Wonderboy has kicks though, and Robbie is susceptible to kicks. But would he be able to land clean before Robbie can land clean? Can Wonderboy take a clean Lawler straight left?

Wonderboy is a bad match-up for Robbie, but don't underestimate Lawler's ability to cut off the ring and land a lot of power shots in a short period of time.

Back