Hendricks looked like he thought he was too good to be fighting Thompson.

EGarrett

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He had his hands low, didn't show any mental engagement or head movement, ignored most of Thompson's strikes as though they were meaningless and just dropped his hands completely like "ugh why do I have to bother with you" when they separated. Up until he got TKO'd of course.

Does Hendricks always fight like that?

Well Wonderboy cheated...Hendricks wanted a real FIGHT!...not any of the karate kid BULLSHIT!

Hendricks has completely fallen apart since the GSP fight. He had the potential to really take the WW crown and run with it. But he hasn't.

the best part was Hendricks nodding and then getting finished 3 seconds later

Hendricks has completely fallen apart since the GSP fight. He had the potential to really take the WW crown and run with it. But he hasn't.
It's weird.
Do you think not getting the decision has him gotten-to?
There has to be a reason for the decline that makes some sense.

He has a 4th baby on the way. His heart's not into fighting anymore

Hendricks is amazing at closing the distance, most of his KO's are against people who try to get away from him, Lawler an GSP got hurt everytime they backup, it was all about Wonderboy superior movement and striking arsenal, I don't think anyone else at WW can do that to Johny, not even close.

Last edited:
It's weird.
He had that weird obsession with not letting people touch the belt so he might have been psychologically crushed to lose it and not even be fighting for it.

the best part was Hendricks nodding and then getting finished 3 seconds later

To be fair to Hendricks Thompson landed a glancing nut shot that grazed the cup and mostly impacted Hendricks gut....

Both kinda paused for a second then Hendricks started nodding to let Thompson know he was good and the ref should not stop the fight.....right when he did that...Thompson pounced on Johnny and finished him.

Hendricks makes a lot of excuses when he looses....bottom line to this fight was that Wonderboy whooped dat ass.

Other things to Note about Big Rig:

*Lost the Belt
*Restaurant was closed down
*Is having a kid
*New drug testing

All key factors that may have played a role in his performance.

It's weird.

He had that weird obsession with not letting people touch the belt so he might have been psychologically crushed to lose it and not even be fighting for it.

I've been thinking this. I think after the GSP fight its almost like he holds back or isn't nearly as explosive.

It was weird. Every time Johny got tagged, he nodded and smirked like it was nothing. Even right before being TKO'd. I don't know if that was only his 'poker face' or was he really that naïve and foolish to think Thompson couldn't hurt him.

He tought he was at a safe distance and them got hit a couple times and wasn't himself after that, Thompson started to pick him apart. It was beautiful.

When he was knocking people out and then the GSP fight I thought nobody at 170 can beat this guy. He had the wrestling and the power. Who knows what the deal is I think it has something to do with the testing.

I find it kind of strange that he easily made weight and looked the worst he ever has right after stricter testing came into play.

It's weird.
It's all mental. I could explain it but you wouldn't understand.

That appears to be his demeanour... Can't imagine why, what with all his amazing and totally legit reasons for losing and personal habits and cleanliness he's so unpopular on these boards... Plus the food at his place... Well... I think the reviews spoke for themselves. A class of its own.

he arguably beat lawler twice and dominated matt brown. I wouldn't call that falling apart

I think he looked to small. Did same mistake as Weidman agaist Rockhold, cut too much weight. Stephen dwarfed him, like they're different divisions, bar obvious height and reach advantage, Johny was weighting probably 175 and Wonderboy at least 185.
When you're smaller and weaker figher it harder to impose your will and dictate the fight when you feel your opponents power. You know what they say, you can have a great gameplan, but when you get punched in the face, it simply goes out of the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back