Zuffa played it perfectly with Mickey Gall

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The took an unknown fighter that is not ready for the big leagues.
They book him in a fight with a guy that he was certain to dominate and look good against.
Now all of these people that were uninterested in seeing CM Punk fight, now want to because they think Gall (an untested fighter) will destroy him.

Well played Zuffa!

Last edited:
can't disagree with ya! Curious to see how gall develops. He's probably going to obliterate punk

Gall is in a great position. 1-0 fighters generally don't get the shot in the UFC unless they went through TUF and they generally don't get attention/prominently featured and talked about when they do fight in the UFC. Now the guy has a bunch of attention and may very well fight in a co-main event in his second UFC bout (wouldn't be shocked at all if Punk vs. Gall was co-main to Weidman vs. Rockhold II if Punk is ready to fight on that card).

He may very well not be ready for prime time but if he beats C.M. Punk (and beats him bad) he will get a ton of media cachet.

Punk has a lot more to lose than Gall does. Gall also has a lot more to gain.

If he beats Punk, I would like the UFC to make him their personal project. Bring him up slowly and have him fight TUF rejects and see how he develops in 3 or so years. Maybe make him the Fight Pass poster boy, like they did with Sage.

Well played even tho no one I know gives two pennies worth of a fuck about the fight?? I think it's lame as fuck.

Every now and then they get something right. Fortunately for Gall and CM Brooks, it involves them.

On top of that he beat a guy named Michael Jackson

What a bitch, eh? All the hoops they've got to jumped through for those who weren't interested from the start.

THIS IS CM FREAKING PUNK PEOPLE...THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

People want celebrity A-level athletes, people get celebrity A-Level athletes, people still unsatisfied.

original.gif

Zuffa probably said, "hey which one of you low level photographers want gold star star access?"

everyone raises their hand

"OK, you gotta fight for it tho, in the ring, against an amateur whose not bad"

FUCK!
Only Jackson is brave enough to get that golden pass.

Well played even tho no one I know gives two pennies worth of a fuck about the fight?? I think it's lame as fuck.

Look around this place.
All of a sudden Gall is a superstar lol

I wonder if they chose Jackson because of his "black power" tattoo?

Get those redneck wrestling fans emotionally invested

Gall vs Jackson was a shameful plan, but it worked, despite Jackson coming out and saying the fight is a troll job. He's a photographer for Legacy FC, he's not even a real fighter.

CM Punk......LOL.......check this video, he cant even execute a kimura the proper way

[yt]

I wonder if they chose Jackson because of his "black power" tattoo?

Get those redneck wrestling fans emotionally invested

Gall vs Jackson was a shameful plan, but it worked, despite Jackson coming out and saying the fight is a troll job. He's a photographer for Legacy FC, he's not even a real fighter.

They did not play into the tattoo - that I am thankful for.

But this was a page out of 1970's pro wrestling.
Bring a new guy in and have him destroy a jobber to look good.

Now you see threads that "punk is scared" etc.

Played some fans like a violin

Good job Zuffa!

CM Punk is going to murk this guy, you guys are falling for the storyline of CM Punk as underdog, that's exactly what he was in the WWE, but somehow he always ended up with the belt..

Back