The REAL Welterweight Rankings

DaffodilMcWoozy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Champ: Stephen Thompson (Beat Hendrix, aka the true champ and 6 fight winstreak)
#1: Johny Hendrix (Robbed against Robbie and GSP)
#2: Robbie Lawler
#3: Rory MacDonald
#4: Carlos Condit
(2-4 in his last six fights, I still think Robbie won round 3)
#5: Tyrone Woodley (Let's be honest he's only real good win in the UFC is Dong Hyun Kim)
#6: Demian Maia (Biggest threat to Stephen Thompson imo)
#7: Matt Brown
#8: Dong Hyun Kim
#9: Neil Magny
#10: Tarec Saffadein

Lawler vs Condit:

Is this why people keep saying you're a shit poster? Legit question.

I agree with everything you wrote, except Woodley. Woodley dominated and finished Condit.

I agree with everything you wrote, except Woodley. Woodley dominated and finished Condit.
I was not impressed with that because Condit gets better as the round goes, and Woodley gasses and I'm thinking Condit would have won the long run. But props to Woodley for tearing his acl with a takedown

All of these opinions yet they're all wrong, Lawler might have been gifted a decision but Wonderboy has just 1 top 10 win, Lawler is the champ therefore he is ranked at the top. Butthurt won't change that.

All of these opinions yet they're all wrong, Lawler might have been gifted a decision but Wonderboy has just 1 top 10 win, Lawler is the champ therefore he is ranked at the top. Butthurt won't change that.
Your opinion that my opinion is wrong is wrong

Your opinion that my opinion is wrong is wrong
A guy that got outgrappled by Matt Brown sits atop the rankings and that's right? GTFO, Wonderboy has a bright future infront of him, but in no way has he cemented himself as the top active WW.

Shit rankings, where is CM Punk? He was the longest reigning champ in his previous organisation.

A guy that got outgrappled by Matt Brown sits atop the rankings and that's right? GTFO, Wonderboy has a bright future infront of him, but in no way has he cemented himself as the top active WW.

He does have a bright future, and he is the top active WW. Hendrix couldn't out-grapple Thompson and Hendrix wrestled the crap out of Matt so... Also that was Hendrix's first legit loss since Rick Story

Rankings are ALL bullshit, anyway. Especially at a weight class as deep as Welterweight.

That being said, if you're going to claim Hendricks was robbed against Lawler (True) and St. Pierre (Debatable) then you should also acknowledge that Condit was robbed against Hendricks and Lawler, with Condit having beaten Lawler more decisively, in my estimation, than Hendricks ever did [3-1-1 if not 4-1 for Condit, whereas Hendricks went 6-4 at best against Robbie (Many by such narrow margins that they could have been 10-10 rounds)]

Plus, although I love Hendricks, he just got fucking destroyed and MacDonald would do it even worse.

At this point, Condit should be the champion.
Woodley, who beat CC decisively, and is coming off some decent wins, would be the number one contender right now.
Lawler
MacDonald
Palhares
Maia
Koreshkov
Askren
Thompson
Henderson
Hendricks
Kim
Shields
Brown
Magney
Gastelum
Cote
Saffeidine
Means
Lima
Tumenov
Larkin
Alves
Burkman

Plus assuming Cerrone stays at WW he's going to jump right into the top 10 after a win over Oliveria.

Welterweight is such a fucking awesome division.

Rankings are ALL bullshit, anyway. Especially at a weight class as deep as Welterweight.

That being said, if you're going to claim Hendricks was robbed against Lawler (True) and St. Pierre (Debatable) then you should also acknowledge that Condit was robbed against Hendricks and Lawler, with Condit having beaten Lawler more decisively, in my estimation, than Hendricks ever did [3-1-1 if not 4-1 for Condit, whereas Hendricks went 6-4 at best against Robbie (Many by such narrow margins that they could have been 10-10 rounds)]

Plus, although I love Hendricks, he just got fucking destroyed and MacDonald would do it even worse.

At this point, Condit should be the champion.
Woodley, who beat CC decisively, and is coming off some decent wins, would be the number one contender right now.
Lawler
MacDonald
Palhares
Maia
Koreshkov
Askren
Thompson
Henderson
Hendricks
Kim
Shields
Brown
Magney
Gastelum
Cote
Saffeidine
Means
Lima
Tumenov
Larkin
Alves
Burkman

Plus assuming Cerrone stays at WW he's going to jump right into the top 10 after a win over Oliveria.

Welterweight is such a fucking awesome division.
Stopped reading at Hendricks robbed Condit

Dude I am one of the biggest Hendricks fans on this forum but he didn't do shit to Condit.

He does have a bright future, and he is the top active WW. Hendrix couldn't out-grapple Thompson and Hendrix wrestled the crap out of Matt so... Also that was Hendrix's first legit loss since Rick Story
It was also the first time we've seen Hendricks post-USADA, sorry but your argument is mostly baseless, Lawler has beaten Condit, Macdonald & Hendricks in his last 3 fights. Wonderboy has one top 10 win

""#6: Demian Maia (Biggest threat to Stephen Thompson imo""

Maia huh?? lol!!! If Maia doesn't get his striking straight he will never be a champion or have a good chance of beating guys like Thompson ( remember what Silva did to him?). Wonderboy , like Silva, has what you need to have to make Maia look foolish. That has been and is Demian's problem. His striking sucks. At this point you just can't be a contender , even less a champion, if you haven't been able to improve your standing up game in more than a decade. Can he improve? , yes, but after been fighting more than a decade without been able to do it it's difficult for me to believe he can do it. Werdum did it tho and I thought that was impossible , so I guess there is still hope for Maia. He would be a beast if he had very good striking skills.

Back