Hendrix loss was worse than Aldo loss.

Anthony Johnson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo got caught in a few seconds. Hendrix looked like a sitting duck he was scared and got a brutal beatdown while nodding before being kicked in the throat.

Not too sure about this.
I'm not shocked that Big Rigg lost. He's a pretty much one-dimensional fighter. Wonderboy is jack in the box, Hit you from all angles. Hendricks needs to work hard to catch up with an ever developing division / game.

Both bad.
Aldo FAR worse.

Not too sure about this.
I'm not shocked that Big Rigg lost. He's a pretty much one-dimensional fighter. Wonderboy is jack in the box, Hit you from all angles. Hendricks needs to work hard to catch up with an ever developing division / game.
Get out of here. A one dimensional fighter would not have given GSP the fight of his life.

Aldo was worse because he was calling himself king and his opponent a joker... Then got put away pretty clean and pretty quick.

I agree. I don't really like Hendricks anyway,but was still shocked how horrible he looked. It was embarrassing.

Hendricks got fuuuuuucked up, it reminded me of watching Holm vs Rousey where one person thought they are a striker while the other is an actual striker. Super impressed with Wonderboy, has it been confirmed that hes getting the next shittle tot yet? Him and Lawler would be a sick fight.

And I agree, getting thoroughly dominated before getting finished is much more telling than a quick KO.

I agree that Hendricks looked way worse. Aldo's loss was one punch out of nowhere. Hendricks looked really sloppy and timid and got beat down.

10 years undefeated and a Championship belt lost to a guy who spent an entire year trash-talking and disrespecting you, in a fight that can fit into a gif. to be replayed on every MMA forum for all eternity, coupled with a youtube video of you crying for 20 minutes in the locker room...

I'd rather be Hendricks.

How so?

Hendricks have a chance to wrestle and land a few hooks. Aldo didn't land anything, went to sleep, and lost his title to someone who been talking smack to him for over 2-3 years now.

Hmm one got ktfo in 13 seconds. Stiff as a board. Nah I rather be the other guy. At least Hendricks got some shots in.

Hendricks loss was less embarrassing -- if you care about that sort of thing -- on the other hand, it was certainly more complete and utter. That's a fight where I don't see any need for a rematch for a quite a while. (Unlike Aldo - Mac -- where Mac won convincingly but flukily. If they fought 10000 times, I don't see Aldo losing like that again. Does anyone? If Hendricks fought Thompson again, I could DEFINITELY see him losing like that again many times.)

Nothing is worse than Aldo loss.

If Conor wins at 155 He probably won't come back. So Aldo will never get to avenge himself.

That was like a more understated version of Silva-Griffin. That was humiliating because it showed how truly flat-footed and basic Hendricks is.

Damn Thompson could be on his way to being the American Silva, with potentially better TDD. I think Lawler-Thompson would be better. Lawler's more static, has better head movement, and is better on the inside and getting there.

Hard to bet against Thompson now though

Well, I wouldnt say that it was a worse loss but seeing as the Aldo outcome was very low percentage we dont really know how a prolonged fight between Aldo and Connor would go where as Hendricks and Cerrone got outclassed until they fell down.

This thread is worse than both of those losses.

It looked like Hendricks focused more on S&C and less on actually fighting.

Aldo got caught in a few seconds. Hendrix looked like a sitting duck he was scared and got a brutal beatdown while nodding before being kicked in the throat.

Hendrix hey...

giphy.gif

Back