Nate Diaz "He’s an amateur. You’re going to put an amateur in there with pros?"

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Diaz doesn’t believe the former pro wrestler, with his 'fucking slicked-back hair and puny fucking virgin nose' has earned the right to step into the UFC’s famed octagon.

“I don’t dig it,” Diaz said flatly. “He has got no fights. I know he’s a big draw. I looked him up. Everyone’s going to buy tickets. It’s going to be great for the venue and the UFC, but at the same time, it downgrades all the fighters."

"He might do great, but why does he get a chance?” Diaz asked. “He’s an amateur. You’re going to put an amateur in there with pros? That makes us all amateurs, so I think it’s ridiculous. As far as I’m concerned, f-ck him, f-ck the whole situation. Anybody who takes that fight is tripping.”

“If I want to, I can’t go play in the NBA – not even Stefan Struve’s big ass,” Diaz said. “He can’t go play in the NBA if he wants to because he feels like making a change. For a publicity thing? They wouldn’t pay him no money, and they wouldn’t even let him play. It’s ridiculous.

“I don’t think you should just let some millionaire WWE guy just come on over and play a little game, like have fun with his career. I’m over here busting my ass, fighting for 10 years and doing my thing and having a serious job that I have to do for this. And this guy is going to come over and probably get paid more than everyone in the room. I’m sorry, but this guy’s making a joke out of my serious life and getting compensated more for it,” Diaz said. “I don’t mean no harm on him, but I don’t think it’s right.”

CM_Punk_Mickey_Gall_blbv0l.jpg

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/nate-diaz-slams-ufcs-cm-punk-signing-f-ck-him-f-ck-the-whole-situation

Of course, this is an older interview but I never really paid attention to this punk guy til recently when they showed him tonight in the cage. Dude looked spooked as hell. That Mickey Gall kid is going to tap him.

Wow i totally agree with a Diaz.

Stunned.

Damn, a surprisingly cogent statement that I can't argue against honestly.

Although there was that whole thing with Michael Jordan and baseball.

Agree thin line between pro fights and freak super match ups...sometime can be fun

Wait a minute- wasn't that Brock Lesnar guy in a similar boat?

But rofled hard at 'fucking slicked back hair and puny fucking virgin nose.'

How did he come up with that shit!?

I don't agree that it affects how the other fighters are perceived, it's an individual sport where each fight/card is judged on its own merit. Punk isn't stealing anyones spot, he's just bringing more numbers to an already existing event. No one is getting hurt except possibly CM punk

There's nothing wrong with a freakshow fight every now and then. At least they aren't feeding him to a killer like PRIDE did to people like him.

What if CM Punk knows something we dont? He doesn't come off as an idiot. Surely if just a year or two with a good camp was all he had then he wouldn't even bother competing in the ufc. There has to be more to his background than he gives off surely?

Diaz is salty that this amateur will get more paid more for his fight than Nate got for most of his career probably.

What if CM Punk knows something we dont? He doesn't come off as an idiot. Surely if just a year or two with a good camp was all he had then he wouldn't even bother competing in the ufc. There has to be more to his background than he gives off surely?

His demeanor and body language is that of a dead man walking. I think he knows it too. That Gall kid was a brown belt in BJJ and Punk seemed to have wished that Mike Jackson was his opponent rather.

Back