What's next for Ryan Bader?

RenderedUnsafe

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a casual UFC follower and have followed Ryan for a bit since TUF, obviously seeing his win/loss interval past and then his small streak before getting completely obliterated by Rumble. Clearly can't take the pressure in a big fight and crumbles.

If you're in his shoes what would be your plans? Or what do you think he needs to do/is going to happen?

Move to Bellator? Change camps and attempt to start a surge again, obviously needing to hit some finishes along the way rather than grinding decisions? Move into a different career path?

I have no idea how the UFC usually handles these situations, whats the chances of him being cut straight away after that performance?

Bader is going to be relegated down to full blown gatekeeper status along with Gus

Like to see Gus fight him.

Also TS, I don't think he crumbles under pressure in big fights. I think the opponents are just superior fighters.

Nowhere. This was his last chance at a title, he was at his peak, had his one chance and he blew it, his best days are over, and he himself will come to terms with that reality shortly, if not already. He's in that post-Aldo Florian boat now. Time to test free agency for the $$$ if he can, take the biggest fights if he can't or retire and move on.

KMlQivX.gif

If he still has ambitions to be a champion he should go to Bellator.

He could be Conor McGregors first fight at LHW once he's claimed the Lightweight, Welterweight and Middleweight titles.

Bader vs Gustafsson makes the most sense but he could also face maybe Manuwa or Cummins.

See,I really struggle figuring out why he won't go to Bellator right now.

Except for if there is still fights left in his UFC contract

Not a title fight at least, thank God! What a waste of time and buildup that would have been.

Like to see Gus fight him.

Also TS, I don't think he crumbles under pressure in big fights. I think the opponents are just superior fighters.
To shoot in from the distance he did, showed how he had crumbled imo. He knew from the get-go he couldn't stand and wanted no part of it, and went for the furtherest offence he possibly could.

He needs a new camp is my opinion.

I actually agree with the "he should look to bellator" sentiment. He was never going to get a title shot even if he beat rumble. You win that many in a row and the UFC keeps putting up obstacles, it should tell you something. In the last few fights the UFC did a pretty good job of telling him how they felt about him as member of the promotion and his place. The handwriting is on the proverbial wall. I guess someone mentioned he has fights left on his contract but it wouldn't stop me from at least asking respectfully for a full release and I don't know that the UFC would care

If I was Bader, I'd join Rizin and move up to hw.

Back