How RDA should beat Conor

mp984956

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Conor is definitely a hittable fighter but his punches have tremendous power. He doesnt cover his head and he takes many hits that probably shouldnt be able to hit him especially with his long reach. Mendes got some good head punches on Conor and his reach is much shorter along with Mendes not being a great striker. Conor's lead leg is wide open for leg kicks and take downs, which RDA should take advantage of for sure while exiting away from Conor's punches. Siver landed many leg kicks on Conor and Conor wasnt even able to check them. RDA should definitely focus on taking him down and staying on top to wear him out with ground and pound rather than try to exchange strikes with him due to Conors inability to grapple. If RDA is unable to take him down he should stay on the outside, avoid punches, circle away from power punch and focus on great leg kicks to his lead leg to slow Conors movement and then lead into takedowns after slowing him down. RDA def needs to stick strictly to whatever game plan he has to take the win. This will be a very interesting fight with two very different styles but ive noticed those who do fight Conor fight his game rather than focusing on their own which needs to change in order to beat him. Hope it is an awesome fight and not too fast to judge the skill of either fighter.

I donk know but dos anjos is deranged for this fight and channelling the anger through training. He wins easily

RDA is going to walk forward like he usually does. Conor is going to throw a spinning back kick to the stomach when they meet in the center. RDA is going to feel it but his whole game depends on pushing back his opponents on the cage. McGregor than follows up with his signature corkscrew uppercut followed by a left straight and pivots off to RDA's weak side. RDA gets frustrated and tries to go for a takedown and Conor stuffs it and hits him with a fast teep to the body after the sprawl. RDA moves in and gets hit with a left straight followed by another leaping corkscrew uppercut and rocks him. At this point RDA bull rushes in with wild hooks and McGregor steps back and hits him with a counter left cross hurting him followed by bolo uppercuts from all angles. TKO finish first round.

RDA is going to walk forward like he usually does. Conor is going to throw a spinning back kick to the stomach when they meet in the center. RDA is going to feel it but his whole game depends on pushing back his opponents on the cage. McGregor than follows up with his signature corkscrew uppercut followed by a left straight and pivots off to RDA's weak side. RDA gets frustrated and tries to go for a takedown and Conor stuffs it and hits him with a fast teep to the body after the sprawl. RDA moves in and gets hit with a left straight followed by another leaping corkscrew uppercut and rocks him. At this point RDA bull rushes in with wild hooks and McGregor steps back and hits him with a counter left cross hurting him followed by bolo uppercuts from all angles. TKO finish first round.

Was just about to say this.

I see RDA fighting emotianally and butthurt. Conor KOs him stiff probably first 2 minutes.. I know Siver lasted 7 minutes with him but hes improved alot since that. McGregor is currently in league of his own. #2weightworldchampion

I see RDA fighting emotianally and butthurt. Conor KOs him stiff probably first 2 minutes.. I know Siver lasted 7 minutes with him but hes improved alot since that. McGregor is currently in league of his own. #2weightworldchampion
This is the most biased opinion ever. Screen name says it all.

holloway did great against conor and was def able to hit him at will with leg kicks, i dont think ive ever seen conor check a leg kick. He gets hit with every leg kick that is thrown. holloway was able to box with him as well and the fight def wasnt a domination by conor, he had full mount and wasnt able to deliver damage.

I donk know but dos anjos is deranged for this fight and channelling the anger through training. He wins easily
he needs to stick to a gameplan and fight intelligently rather than with anger in order to prevent getting caught like aldo did

If RDA wins I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong and keep my username but I know if Conor makes light work of RDA his haters will come back with a new username and say " but RDA beats him 999/1000 it was just McGoobers day, _____ destroys him next though."

You will also see a lot of "You must be new to mma if you think that wasn't luck, I've been watching mma since _____ and RDA was foolish not to _____."

Funny thing is I've been watching the sport since Cage Rage and have watched the ufc since Hughes/Serra featured in a lads mag I read." and I still rate Conor as a current P4P top 5.

Back