So Gall's opponent was back to being an MMA reporter at the post presser??

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to Dave Meltzer, Mike Jackson was actually back to being an MMA reporter after he lost and was asking questions at the post fight press conference?

what a joke!

Don't we have former Light heavyweight and current bantamweight world champions on the set of UFC tonight interviewing fighters?

Don't we have former Light heavyweight and current bantamweight world champions on the set of UFC tonight interviewing fighters?

The same night of their fight?
You don't see the difference?

yup they have to do extra gigs because reebok and ufc wont pay them shit

I feel for Michael Jackson, wish he could of lasted a bit more and made it look a bit more competitive. Talk about using a guy...he will never fight in MMA again let alone the UFC.

I feel for Michael Jackson, wish he could of lasted a bit more and made it look a bit more competitive. Talk about using a guy...he will never fight in MMA again let alone the UFC.

He could also be happy that he got a shot to fight on a UFC card. Something he most likely would never received.

So can we bash him without getting banned, since he's a journalist? What's the deal here mods we deserve to know the truth!

So can we bash him without getting banned, since he's a journalist? What's the deal here mods we deserve to know the truth!

I think from this point on its safe to call him a journalist!

It was a no lose situation for him.

Clocked out from one job, hour later clock in to your other job. A lot of people of done it. Gotta hustle to make ends meet.

It stinks to me, not of a fix per se - but it's a bit of a laughing stock.

UFC Brass:

"Hey kid, we can't just give you a shot for calling Punk out because we've already turned away over 100 requests, but let's do this instead. You come over to the UFC, we give you an easy fight, like a real easy one and then you'll have proven yourself and we give you a shot!? That sounds cool, right kid?"

Mickey Gall:

"Sure, that sounds great. So who do you have in mind?"

UFC Brass:

"Well we know a guy, who's mainly a media member but trains a fair bit. A little like Punk himself, who was a WWE star but did some BJJ on the side when he could. You'll definitely win, and we can make it all look legitimate"

Anyone who is comparing this Mike Jackson situation to a Dom Cruz or DC is just being foolish. The guy was brought in to be a stepping stone, but not a walk-over to where it looks alarmingly fake and then have the cheek to go and sit in press row afterwards and then ever pose questions at the post-fight presser.

It's embarrassing, just like the Strep Gate shizzle. Rockhold won the title was being under the Flu. Michael Jordan won a game 6 to win an NBA title with the Flu. F*ck outta here with your throat infection and your journalist disguised as a fighter.

Fin.

It was a no lose situation for him.
To a degree, he just got flat lined in 40 seconds though it's not a good look....just hope he doesn't have any regret about it.

Back