Please don't rush Wonderboy. Thompson vs Macdonald, pls.

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see everybody calling for Thompson to get the title shot but I think its a little to soon. He looked awesome out there against the former champ, but I think we can all agree that Hendricks is falling apart so that wasn't the best Johny.

Wonderboy has a promising future, but let him build towards it slowly. I think Wonderboy vs Rory would be a good step up for Stephen Thompson and will give us a better gauge as to whether or not he's ready for a title shot.

Thompson vs Rory, how do you think it goes?

I think Stephen would do better against Lawler than Rory

i honestly don;t think rory is an easier match than lawler. if anything, in many ways, he's a harder match-up.

don't rush him? He just beat the #2 guy handily. first guy to ever stop Hendricks. Lawler couldn't do it, GSP couldn't do it. Wonderboy did it inside a round.

Wonderboy is already 32 years old with years of fighting experience under his belt so lets not act like he has a long career ahead of him. He just decimated the #2 guy who has only lost 3 close and debatable decisions. How would this be rushing him?

don't rush him? He just beat the #2 guy handily. first guy to ever stop Hendricks. Lawler couldn't do it, GSP couldn't do it. Wonderboy did it inside a round.
Hendricks is not the same fighter he was when he fought GSP and Robbie. He's falling apart and His poor lifestyle is catching up to him. He performed exactly how I expect someone to perform after nearly dying trying to cut weight. Hendricks is damaged goods and it will be confirmed as he starts losing more fights.

Are you trying to protect Wonderboy or Lawler? Because Wonderboy is a nightmare match-up for Lawler.

He can fight Rory after beating Lawler. It will be his first title defence.

Forgive me if Woodley has a fight booked but I would like to see Woodley vs Wonderboy (winner gets title shot) and on the same card or close to it Rory vs Condit 2 for the follow up title shot.

Wonder boy should fight Woodley / Rory with the winner fighting the champ after Condit and Lawler have a rematch. I think its crazy that with all the rematches the UFC force on us they don't do them when they actually make sense.

At 32 and dealing with Hendricks like that, it's time to ride the lightening baby!

Wonder Boy is 33 years old, he is not some prospect. He just beat Hendricks like an amateur. I would be cool with a title shot next.

Wonderboy is a -400 underdog in my mind against Lawler. This an easy fight for Wonderboy. Hopefully they give him the title shot and I cant wait to jump on the odds.

Back