***Joe Rogan I know you're there! I'm calling you out right now!!! ***

Elitebrawler

Sprawl and Brawl
@Orange
Reaction score
I have watched many interviews with Joe Rogan talking shit about Tae Kwon Do and other traditional martial arts.

The early years of striking involved mostly overhand rights and brawlers. We barely even seen the jab in display till recently. The striking in mma is constantly evolving and in recent years we see techniques like the side kick, spinning kicks, and in and out stances often used in karate / TKD

Joe Rogan believes that these stuff would never work in MMA just because they weren't used often. He believes what was successful at the time (when the striking game in MMA mostly consisted of boxing / kickboxing techniques) will always be the best.

What hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't be successful. Joe Rogan needs to sit back and relax and eat his own words back as this is just the beginning. In the near future the best strikers in MMA will incorporate techniques from a variety of traditional martial arts. We have already seen the side kick, spinning back kick, spinning wheel kick, etc being very effective as well as traditional martial arts stances and footwork.

JOE ROGAN you have no clue what you are talking sometimes.

Tae Kwon Do?

That is Joes base style.

I haven't seen him rip on TKD.

I have watched many interviews with Joe Rogan talking shit about Tae Kwon Do and other traditional martial arts.

The early years of striking involved mostly overhand rights and brawlers. We barely even seen the jab in display till recently. The striking in mma is constantly evolving and in recent years we see techniques like the side kick, spinning kicks, and in and out stances often used in karate / TKD

Joe Rogan believes that these stuff would never work in MMA just because they weren't used often. He believes what was successful at the time (when the striking game in MMA mostly consisted of boxing / kickboxing techniques) will always be the best.

What hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't be successful. Joe Rogan needs to sit back and relax and eat his own words back as this is just the beginning. In the near future the best strikers in MMA will incorporate techniques from a variety of traditional martial arts. We have already seen the side kick, spinning back kick, spinning wheel kick, etc being very effective as well as traditional martial arts stances and foorwork.

JOE ROGAN you have no clue what you are talking sometimes.
did you sleep through the machida era? not surprising as it was short lived. rogan is a TMA guy himself

The fuck are you talking about? Joe always used to sound like a babbling idiot because he wouldn't shut up about how guys should learn 'turning side kicks' and how he'd verbally fellate anyone with good front leg kicking technique. If anything, shit like this makes him look good

You realize he's high as fuck most of the time right?

Is this a troll job, or TS just stupid? Joe Rogan was a black belt in TKD who won various tournaments when he was younger. His bias for TKD becomes ridiculously apparent whenever someone throws a pretty kick.

Tae Kwon Do?

That is Joes base style.

I haven't seen him rip on TKD.
You haven't watched his podcasts where he constantly talks shit about Tae Kwon Do and dismissing it being effective and how it was a mistake he made when he was younger and how he regrets learning it.

if i know anything about rogan is that he is bias towards kicks and guillotine chokes

He "rips" it as a stand-alone martial art, but when he speaks of the "new breeds", he doesn't dismiss it.

You haven't watched his podcasts where he constantly talks shit about Tae Kwon Do and dismissing it being effective and how it was a mistake he made when he was younger and how he regrets learning it.

No he doesn't. You're talking out of your ass now.

Joe says whatever the hell joe feels like saying, at the time. While reserving the right to contradict himself on his next podcast.

Are you nuts? Joe gives props to karate and TKD. He always says there are techniques that work very well in mma and some that don't. That could be said about boxing and wrestling too. What he doesn't believe is all those silly kung fu flying squirrel crying earthworm hidden wushu force shit.

did you sleep through the machida era? not surprising as it was short lived. rogan is a TMA guy himself

Do you not realize that Machida began his career 16-0, defeating the who's who of great LHW fighters?

joe rogan contradicting himself is normal. They played two different videos of his thoughts on marijuana helping athletes and he was a complete 180 from one vid to the other. In mean he literally talks down a guy who says weed doesnt help athletes and says he has no idea what hes talking about, marijuana is huge with all kinds of athletes and helps them and just goes on and on about how good weed is beneficial for athletes and so many use it. then they show another video of him saying how stupid you have to be to think weed benefits athletes. You could mix those two vids up and edit them to being joe in an epic throw down of words against himself on the issue. Hes all over the place.

Back