Fighter reach

Paladin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
do they measure from the middlefinger tip to middle finger finger tip, or middle knuckle to middle knuckle of a clenched fist?

It is amazing to see Sean spencer, at 5'10, having a longer reach than 6'2 Tito Ortiz.
Or Conor having a longer reach than rampage.

Jon Jones and Stefan Struve have the same reach
Some dudes are just lanky and have long limbs

I believe it's armpit to middle knuckle. I could be wrong though.

they should stand against the wall, point arms out and measure from there imo

they should stand against the wall, point arms out and measure from there imo
Why? Turning your torso in punches makes your punches longer. Thus the torso width is important when discussing reach. Wingspan also gives an indicator on frame size as well. Someone taller and with a longer reach will have a bigger frame in general than someone smaller.

Artem Lobov looks like a caterpillar, like he's all torso. Can't be flowy when you have no arms.

Why? Turning your torso in punches makes your punches longer. Thus the torso width is important when discussing reach. Wingspan also gives an indicator on frame size as well. Someone taller and with a longer reach will have a bigger frame in general than someone smaller.
What if they have short arms and a big body like mendes?

Fingertips span.

My 6"2 (74') mate has 82 inch reach. Brick shit house of a guy too.

Not always though. Im 6"2 76 inch reach fought at lw could make fw if i did a ufc level cut.

But generally you are right like the guy i mentioned above.

Back