Johny Hendricks blames sparring partners for not understanding karate distance.

Yeah, this is kind of low from Hendricks. "Didn't get the right people in..." "Training partners are very important..."

Did he not hire any karate guys for dealing with a karate guy?

Did he not hire any karate guys for dealing with a karate guy?
he apparently didn't understand that karate fighters wouldn't stand and trade with him. Guess he's never seen that traditional karate involves tons of super specific footwork. I'd hate to see how he prepares for a high level boxer

He told ariel that he trained alone!! WTF, over.
He needs to stop being so mad. He talks like a Sherdogger.

Srsly, I'm wondering if he suffers from Traumatic Brain Injury. He has taken a lot of head shots.

Poor Hendricks, his training partners really let him down. Im sure he would have won if not for their incompetence.

WTF - he was the one trying to get the takedown for some l-n-p and got stuffed. He was in his range and got shut down.

This is where he loses the few remaining fans he has

Fuckn Hendricks always an excuse always, dislike this fool more and more every time he opens his mouth smh

"Robbie fights the way I like to fight; you're gonna throw and you're gonna throw and you're gonna throw.[With Thompson] Anytime I would land something he would be like 'screw that' and back out."

I get that it must suck to talk about a fresh loss like that but shit don't make it sound like he ran after getting the shit kicked out of you on the way to a first round tko.

Looks like there will be a new chapter in the fourth edition:

user416315_pic21117_1410818918.jpg

That it disappointing...I thought he did ok in the post fight, could tell he wanted to make an excuse but accepted Thompson was the better man.

He can't help himself

when asked for predicitons before this fight, i said I'd thought hendricks would win via boring lnp decision, but that I hoped wonderboy would somehow light him up and destroy him

after hearing that, I'm so happy i was wrong :)

Gonna quote myself from something I said prior to the fight as it's relevant.

I think Hendricks is the favourite for a reason, but I'm expecting a Wonderboy KO after the Countdown video. There's a moment where Hendricks talks and demonstrates about how he's just going to take a half step back every time Wonderboy throws a kick and he'll avoid them fine, or that he'll take a half step forward and he'll be too close and he can light up Wonderboy with his own shots while Wonderboy can't hit him. And he's dead serious that this will work because that's what he's done against his other opponents. Watch from 17:41-18:45

And I'm sorry, but that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wonderboy is the greatest striker Hendricks has ever faced by a huge margin, one of the greatest strikers to have ever competed in MMA. A half step forward or backwards is not going to work on someone of his pedigree. Wonderboy will have a vastly, vastly, superior idea of his range than Hendricks will.

Hendricks thinking he knows when he's safe is going to get him hit with those shots that people never see coming, and Wonderboy's the king at that. I won't be surprised to see Hendricks grind out a win, but I also won't be surprised to see Hendricks staring up at the ceiling mouthing "But I took a half step back"

Hendricks went into this fight not respecting at all the fact that Wonderboy was a vastly superior striker to anybody that he'd ever faced and just assumed that what had worked on lesser strikers would work on someone of Wonderboy's caliber. Which was dumb as shit.

karate, which anyone who has studied traditional martial arts should know, starts with a block as the first technique in forms. so being mad because an art that is based off countering and waiting for an opening makes sense how? not everyone is going to say fuck it and chris leben it right in front of you. and to say i like people who fight, when half of your fights you spend excessive time trying to take them down and holding them against the cage seems a tad hypocritical.

holy shit hendricks, i thought weidman was gonna take the number 1 spot, but i think youre still the greatest excuse maker ever

Worse than excuses, that is just flat out disloyal and throwing guys under the bus for his shortcomings.

Back