That was the nastiest display of striking I've ever seen in UFC history.

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Anderson. Pettis. Barboza. Condit. Conor. Aldo.

I've never seen anything like that against that level of competition, ever. I try not to jump on hype trains too excessively. Sometimes it's hard. But this ... I've never seen anything like that.

BTW, not being an expert on Wonderboy, I wasn't aware he had a 56-0 (?!) kickboxing record. That's absurd.

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

I've never seen anything like that against that level of competition, ever. I try not to jump on hype trains too excessively. Sometimes it's hard. But this ... I've never seen anything like that.

BTW, not being an expert on Wonderboy, I wasn't aware he had a 56-0 (?!) kickboxing record. That's absurd.

And he is a 5th degree black belt in Kenpo.

It was the nastiest display Hendricks has ever seen as well.

Yeah I've been watching mma since like 2002 and I've never seen anything like that either. Maybe CroCop, but he wasn't bouncing around throwing spinning shit.

100% concur. Super nasty. Even nastier than the Japanese crap I watched the other day. I had to throw up like twice during the fight.

I'm really pleased that Stephen had his opportunity to show everyone what he's capable of doing. I've been a fan since his before he ever entered MMA and have been thrilled to see his evolution. I think he's going to be a fan favorite once he takes the belt. I don't say that lightly because Robbie is an absolute beast and I've always been a fan.

Throw in the fact that has put in the work to make sure his sharpest weapon is available to him by actually working to improve his wrestling rather than expecting the refs to stand it up.

Johny got a hold of him and tried to get him down but Stephen had the tools to defend it and put the fight where he is best.

I'm loving this era of the ufc. It's a strikers game right now

It's awesome to see the American kickboxing/kempo tradition still producing top level fighters.

Yeah kudos to Weidman's wrestling training for helping him out in that regard, if that's what happened.

Throw in the fact that has put in the work to make sure his sharpest weapon is available to him by actually working to improve his wrestling rather than expecting the refs to stand it up.

Johny got a hold of him and tried to get him down but Stephen had the tools to defend it and put the fight where he is best.

Nah but highly impressive.

I was impressed by this too. Just think if Pettis could do this and free up the kicking game. Very impressed by Wonderboy tonight.

May have been the most technical. Jones vs. Shogun was the nastiest I recall.

Back