Who can beat Thompson at Welterweight?

PSX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm struggling to think of a name right now that would be able to beat Stephen Thompson. I know Matt Brown beat him but that was ages ago, and Thompson has clearly improved since then. Simply put, you do not want to give Stephen Thompson ANY distance whatsoever because he will unload on combinations from afar. And they punches and kicks that he throws are so dynamic that you absolutely have no way to tell where or when they're coming.

The only guy I think who might have a shot if Demian Maia with his relentless pressure and grappling. I honestly think Thompson dusts every one else.

I feel his hands being so low could cause him a problem. someone like Lawler or another heavy hitter could catch him. Also Johnny looked very very different. I have my own theory to why

I see Wonderboy knocking Lawler the FUCK out. The only fight I want to see him fight is GSP. He'll blow stationary flat foot fighters out of the water and that includes Lawler

Lombard I'm cereal

He's like a tougher hendricks with better hands and better fight iq

I feel his hands being so low could cause him a problem. someone like Lawler or another heavy hitter could catch him. Also Johnny looked very very different. I have my own theory to why
I was thinking that too, he seemed really lackadaisical in there. Something is going on with that dude, either a lack of PEDs, his diet is draining or something going wrong at home but he doesn't look like he did in 2013

Rory, Maia both great fights. Would like to see him dust Lawler next

Hands being low could cause him a problem but it's also why he's so dangerous. He baits you in and has amazing distance management, just go back and watch how many people he's rocked while sliding back and countering, he gets to you quicker also because his hands are not stuck in a position by his chin and he rather relies on his movement and reflexes to avoid big shots. High risk but high reward, he's not going to lose a stand up fight in this division but he's still beatable. A true striker and people need to now stop underestimating what accuracy can do it iron chins.

Rory, Maia, Woodley?... there are good fights.

Still think Hendricks has a shot in a rematch if he fights more agressive. Hendricks thought he was fighting against GSP or Lawler and was passive as fuck. The others I don't think so, maybe Condit

Nobody I think think of, he's the new it guy

Still think Hendricks has a shot in a rematch if he fights more agressive. Hendricks thought he was fighting against GSP or Lawler and was passive as fuck. The others I don't think so, maybe Condit

Nah man, he got outclassed

Demian Maia would rape him. The rest will get KTFO.

Any wrestler with a decent grasp of striking.

Hendricks is the WW dan henderson. very predictable.

Lombard is so extremely flat-footed and he would get chewed to pieces at distance
Idk thats just hard to believe since its never happened in his thirty something fights.

Also maia and shields could beat him imo. Hendricks quit tonight.

Back