Fake black belts?

Zeppeling

ritehand
Banned
Reaction score
How many dudes just slap "black belt in BJJ" on their credentials just to intimidate opponents? No way in hell Rafael Feijao is a legit black belt with any merit. Same can be said for A LOT of fighters in the UFC. There are brown/purple belts that chain submissions and sub attempts better than a handful of these "black belts".

Randy got a black belt for subbing James Toney. Rashad Evans has awful BJJ but claimed a black belt. It happens.

I had a legit black belt instructor and I am not goin to call anyone out, but in MMA practice he was a fish out of water. Being a good jiu jitsu guy is completely different when you're getting hit.

It seems to happen A LOT. I mean, for fuck's sake. Did feijao do ANY BJJ fundamentals? Why not even a hail mary triangle when he had control of OSP's arms in the final minute? So peculiar, that's a bad look on Nog (who gave the black belt).

BBJ doesn't always translate well to MMA for everyone. Who was that BJJ world champion who got knocked out on the ground by an australian dude?

His "BJJ" isn't the issue. It's the fact he doesn't have the heart for it anymore. Standing or on the ground.

punch-a-black-belt-in-the-face-he-becomes-a-brown-belt-punch-him-again-purple-quote-1.jpg

I dont think his problem was technical, it was mental.

yeah ask black belt vitor when weidman was on top of him.

Some black belts are more legit 100%.

yeah ask black belt vitor when weidman was on top of him.
OSP's pace and pressure was far different than Weidman's domination. Feijao had beyond enough opportunities to attempt.

Anyone who remembers Roger Gracie getting schooled by Kennedy or Palhares by Belcher that sometimes shit happens.

I see a lot of "pro boxer"getting outs tuck in mma. Does that mean they're not good at boxing? No, it just means that adding other elements to a fight can really make someone look bad.

Spoiler alert: all of them.

Anyone who remembers Roger Gracie getting schooled by Kennedy or Palhares by Belcher that sometimes shit happens.

The Palhares vs Belcher fight is a terrible example. It doesn't even pertain to the OP.

There are brown/purple belts that chain submissions and sub attempts better than a handful of these "black belts".

Those purple belts are not having to worry about getting punched. MMA is a totally different thing than a sport jiu jitsu match; especially when you start getting to the large guys.

BBJ doesn't always translate well to MMA for everyone. Who was that BJJ world champion who got knocked out on the ground by an australian dude?

Vinny Magalhaes by Perosh, lol.

Vinny Magalhaes by Perosh, lol.
Oh yeah lol that guy had so much hype behind him. 4 times BJJ world champion, talked a lot of shit pre fight as well. As soon as the fight went to ground he was snoring.

Back