Benevidez is fighting just like TJ

MMAAAM

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can tell he's been training with Bam Peanut Butter Ludwig.

Constant stance changes, constant motion, always fainting, that TJ head kick that comes behind the punch....

Yeah that weirdo movements and striking tehnics...but they works for sure

That was a very poor man's TJ who is a poor man's Cruz.

So you think divisions with a dominant chance ought to be dissolved? That's...novel.
Obviously not all divisions, just that one

It draws no audience and myself and many other people aren't a big fan of any of the fights within the division, true Mighty Mouse is pretty good but if he was really great he wouldn't mind challenging for the 135 belt again if they got rid of 125

Benavidez fought like Benavidez...

And that's the reason I nearly fell asleep.

He looked a lot better than he has looked since the second loss to MM. Glad to see him getting back to his best, still not interested in Johnson vs Benavidez 3 though.

That was a very poor man's TJ who is a poor man's Cruz.

1. TJ showed he is Cruz' equal. That fight was a draw if any fight ever was. Two great fighters, not one great fighter.
2. Benavidez is noticeably smaller than those two guys, but not less skilled.

1. TJ showed he is Cruz' equal. That fight was a draw if any fight ever was. Two great fighters, not one great fighter.

Sorry but you're high if you think that was a draw.
And he's not at all as skilled a striker as TJ or Cruz. Great fighter? Sure but he's not on their level.

I think Dillashaw is a killer but he showed he can fight reasonably close to a Cruz that's been out for 4 years. I still had it 3 to 2 for Cruz. Dillashaw is clearly the second best in the division. But he had all the advantages going into that fight, except being better than Cruz.

Sorry but you're high if you think that was a draw.
And he's not at all as skilled a striker as TJ or Cruz. Great fighter? Sure but he's not on their level.

Over five rounds they landed an almost exactly even number of shots. Dillashaw also seemed to have more mustard on his shots. It was very, very close fight.

Certainly nothing about that fight justifies calling Dillashaw a poor man's Cruz.

Obviously not all divisions, just that one

It draws no audience and myself and many other people aren't a big fan of any of the fights within the division, true Mighty Mouse is pretty good but if he was really great he wouldn't mind challenging for the 135 belt again if they got rid of 125

That's some really evolved critical thinking right there.

Over five rounds they landed an almost exactly even number of shots. Dillashaw also seemed to have more mustard on his shots. It was very, very close fight.

Certainly nothing about that fight justifies calling Dillashaw a poor man's Cruz.

TJ lost 3 rounds easily and arguably 4 and also suffered much more damage as evident by the post fight presser. I'm not saying TJ isn't great, he's just no Cruz just like when speaking of striking as this thread started, Joe is no TJ.

I thought he looked the same. He's a good fighter.

Tjs striking is far superior

TJ lost 3 rounds easily and arguably 4 and also suffered much more damage as evident by the post fight presser. I'm not saying TJ isn't great, he's just no Cruz just like when speaking of striking as this thread started, Joe is no TJ.

No. Cruz didn't win three rounds easily, though the argument that he won three rounds is certainly valid. And no, I don't think the post fight presser proved TJ sustained more damage. Facial bruising is a notoriously poor way of determining who ate bigger shots.

But considering striking, Cruz and Dillashaw landed an almost equal amount of strikes over the course of five rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back