Did Punk just have...

paddy_da_pikey

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
a 'shit just got real' moment

Looked pretty subdued in the stand off like didnt know what to do, would have thought if anyone knew how to sell a fight it be him. Instead he asked Gall was he having fun?? WTF?

Looked like he got a big adrenaline dump too, the breathy voice and larger breathing - guy was either super pumped or super shook like "what am I doing? This is a 24 year old who just dropped a golden gloves boxer who was 30 years old and 0-0 in MMA, im 38 and 0-0 with no combat experience, Im f*cked"

I do hope he at least puts on an admirable showing I really dont wish Punk to get knocked out or this or that he had more balls than most on here including me

shit-just-got-real-thumb.jpg

Yeah man, I felt that. He looked a little shook. But whatever it's a fun little hype thing, I'm excited!

I hope Gall beats the brakes off of him.

Last edited:
He just got his TD stuffed by Ariel Helwani, he has no future in the UFC:
CakpMVPWAAAaGcZ.jpg

He looked awkward as fuck. Even more awkward in the interview with Helwani post-fight.

The shit already got real when he was in the WWE and the poor ref had to scrape it off the mat.

zWXWNkt.gif

Punk knows he has a hard road ahead. He won't begin to take it too seriously until he has a win or two under his belt. If he can get a win that is.

Considering the circus level of his entrance to MMA, I for one am thankful that Punk is not going to WWE us to death with cheap talk. Hopefully he will have something substantial to offer for his debut and not disappoint us.

IMAGINE PUNK GOES TO THE FIGHT AND GET'S STARCHED IN LESS THAN A MINUTE!?!?

Holy shit that would be the biggest embarrassment in the history not only of MMA but the sports in general.

My guess probly a razor blade one of them probly cut themselves to make it look like the wwe arm lock hurt so bad it could make ur face bleed, good catch tho DayWalker300. I didn't see that shit the first time I looked lol

a 'shit just got real' moment

Looked pretty subdued in the stand off like didnt know what to do, would have thought if anyone knew how to sell a fight it be him. Instead he asked Gall was he having fun?? WTF?

Looked like he got a big adrenaline dump too, the breathy voice and larger breathing - guy was either super pumped or super shook like "what am I doing? This is a 24 year old who just dropped a golden gloves boxer who was 30 years old and 0-0 in MMA, im 38 and 0-0 with no combat experience, Im f*cked"

I do hope he at least puts on an admirable showing I really dont wish Punk to get knocked out or this or that he had more balls than most on here including me

I noticed that too. That was the last thing Punk needed to see before his debut. The UFC bringing in someone with way more experience instead of someone making their 'debut' so to speak.

He beat the hell out of guys in his old promotion. He'll do okay here.

Calling it right now.

Punk suffers an injury during training, and can't fight....ever.

He then goes on to crawl through the doggy door Vince Mcmahon has set up for guys like him, and begs for his job back.

Punk has a pretty big ego fueled by his time in the WWE - he had a ton of fans and worked hard to be a "decent" wrestler, he wasn't even that great of an actual Wrestler ...his rise was due to his mic skills.

All that fed his ego to make him think he could just jump into the UFC, I respect that he wants to give it a try and is pursuing the challenge but he's in for a rude awakening.

If he fights (I don't know how a commission would allow it since the guys' suffered numerous concussions) he is going to take a beating that will hopefully bring his Ego back down from the stratosphere.

Sometimes a guy just needs to get the shit kicked out of him to bring him back to reality.

Punk has a pretty big ego fueled by his time in the WWE - he had a ton of fans and worked hard to be a "decent" wrestler, he wasn't even that great of an actual Wrestler ...his rise was due to his mic skills.

All that fed his ego to make him think he could just jump into the UFC, I respect that he wants to give it a try and is pursuing the challenge but he's in for a rude awakening.

If he fights (I don't know how a commission would allow it since the guys' suffered numerous concussions) he is going to take a beating that will hopefully bring his Ego back down from the stratosphere.

Sometimes a guy just needs to get the shit kicked out of him to bring him back to reality.
I dont think it is ego so much that he wants to have a go and always supported the sport, he wanted a fight like batista had on a local show but because UFC got wind of this they said have your fight here in UFC.

I do think however that Roufus sport has a lot to answer for, Roufus is just milking the guy and feeding him bullshit to keep him training there, the guy is probably spending the region of $2k a week to train including privates at around $200-$300 / hour because he needs a lot of 1 on 1 attention. Roufus will also get about 10% of his fight purse where if he gets on a PPV and makes 5 mill thats another $500k for Roufus.

That guy will tell Punk whatever he has to in order to keep him training there and take a fight

He just got his TD stuffed by Ariel Helwani, he has no future in the UFC:
CakpMVPWAAAaGcZ.jpg
Yeah but to be fair, Ariel completely stuffed Overeem's takedown too....so nothing to be ashamed of.
vcLZNh.gif

Back