"Gall is an actual prospect in this sport"

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The legendary MMA journalist Ariel Helwani said it first but he might've quoted Kenny Florian.

Anyways they're still talking about this 'fight' why even bother? We've legit 6'2ers in several divisions, give them some CM Punk to end this awkward situation they're in.

If Punk beats Gall, then they can market it more and get additional numbers out of it, remember its a business.

I like Ariel, but the guy can be such a dick rider.

If Punk beats Gall, then they can market it more and get additional numbers out of it, remember its a business.

Nothing drives me crazier than you arm chair business people.

Get off your high horse. Nobody has forgotten the the UFC is a business.

I mean he did knockdown a pro boxer right, that's nothing to shake a stick at. Kid looked pretty explosive

I guess it's fair that CM Punk face a fresh fighter but I guess he could be fighting worse competition. This kid is green but there are fighters out there with more experience that proved they suck. This guy at least hasn't had time to prove he's bad. I will say though his BJJ looked pretty sloppy to me despite getting the submission.

Anyone who read up on Gall should already have known that he was a legit prospect, whom Punk has no chance of beating. Instant replay of tonight's debacle coming in June, after which the UFC won't be able to cut Punk fast enough.

I mean he did knockdown a pro boxer right, that's nothing to shake a stick at. Kid looked pretty explosive

Jackson was kind of just waving his arms in the air when Gall hit and knocked him down.

He very well might be. He looked pretty good, but he's been brought in to the UFC too soon. If he beats CM Punk, so what? That's not even a hard fight compared to the rest of the roster.

They're going to have to bring in more amateurs and build him up if he wins, because otherwise he'll just lose to someone with more experience and it will all end up being a giant waste of time. That's basically what I see happening.

I watched some of the episode where they watched him fight, he didn't really look impressive I thought

He's going to beat punk, then continually lose unless they bring in specific opponents for him. After he gets cut he'll fight in the smaller shows and then when he's actually ready the UFC will bring him back.

Lmao

Hyping him

He certainly doesn't look like a "prospect". But who can really tell after 2 pro fights?

His first pro fight his boxing was laughable, just watch his uppercuts, truly hard to watch. But no doubt he'll improve over time and it's clear he's a Jiu Jitsu based fighter.

I think it's unfair to comment until we see him a few more times.

No he isn't. He's 2-0 against scrubs.
To be real every fighter started by beating some scrubs in their first 3-4 fight. Gall might very well be a real prospect,we don't know. If he beats Punk and they give him some proper opponents after,we will see.

I think Gall is a prospect...They will market this as though he's an underdog and people want to see Phil Brooks as a world beater....for ONE FUCKING FIGHT....UFC will milk this and run laughing to the bank no matter what the outcome would be.

He's going to beat punk, then continually lose unless they bring in specific opponents for him. After he gets cut he'll fight in the smaller shows and then when he's actually ready the UFC will bring him back.
Even if he gets cut, he will be a headliner on regional shows for the rest of his career just as the guy who beat CM Punk

Yeah... And Ronda was knocking out pro boxers. ;)

Back