Hendricks weighing 205 in the octagon?

lalaland

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

According to Firas Zahabi, Johnny's camp were saying he weighed 205 on fight night... Is that really possible? Can you cut 35 lbs of water without dying? I mean, it's 17% of his body weight (35/205=0.17). That sounds a bit extreme.

PRESIDENT-FAT-BASTARD-1560x690_c.jpg

Well Gleison Tibau has cut 27 pounds before so I guess its not impossible. Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration though, he's weighing 176 at the moment and doesn't look 30 pounds lighter.

According to Firas Zahabi, Johnny's camp were saying he weighed 205 on fight night... Is that really possible? Can you cut 35 lbs of water without dying? I mean, it's 17% of his body weight (35/205=0.17). That sounds a bit extreme.

There's no way he's 205lbs in the octagon. He might get to 205lbs between fights, but he's not dieting and cutting to 170, and then putting on more water/weight than he had to begin with after he got rid of his between fight pudge.

If I had to guess, I'd say Hendricks comes into the octagon about 190ish.

I HOPE MY WIRE FIGHTING TEAM IS READYYYYYYY

I have the sad feeling Johny is gonna grown man strength Wonderboy in there tonight, I don't know if he's 205 but he'll be pretty solid in there.

He can't gain that much weight in that short a period of time. His body wouldn't function well, and he'd probably die.

190 tops as stated. What are they trying to gain saying this shit?

Possible after he goes for his regular meal tonight.

190 tops as stated. What are they trying to gain saying this shit?
He could quite easily weigh more than 190 lbs on fight night. GSP weighed about 192 lbs in his fight against Shields. It's not unusual for big WWs to weigh 195lbs+ on fight night.

Hendricks himself has confirmed to be 202lbs in octagon against Kampmann in the past so...

You could with the IV hydration. I don't think you can cut that much anymore since the IV ban. I'd be surprised if he was much more than 190lbs on fight night now.

If DHK can weigh 197 pounds the morning of his fight with Burkman than it's very possible that Hendricks could weigh 205+.

Diego Sanchez weighed 180 Ibs 8 hours before his fight against Lamas @145

There's no way he's 205lbs in the octagon. He might get to 205lbs between fights, but he's not dieting and cutting to 170, and then putting on more water/weight than he had to begin with after he got rid of his between fight pudge.

If I had to guess, I'd say Hendricks comes into the octagon about 190ish.
He's way over 205 between fights. That guy likes to eat.

Man, that seems like a lot! Can't be healthy.

He's way over 205 between fights. That guy likes to eat.

I usually think of Hendricks in the same vain as Rampage when it comes to non-fight time. Dude likes to break all the rules on dieting and eat like a fatass, then spends a good portion of fight camp essentially going through fat camp.

He could quite easily weigh more than 190 lbs on fight night. GSP weighed about 192 lbs in his fight against Shields. It's not unusual for big WWs to weigh 195lbs+ on fight night.

GSP was also way more lean than Hendricks. Fat doesn't hold nearly as much water as muscle, which is why guys like GSP and Anderson didn't have much trouble with cutting weight. Johny typically looks soft even at weigh ins.

Back