Would the UFC ever sign a guy like Badr Hari?

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Badr Hari is a badass kickboxer with some big wins over guys like: Anderson Silva, Alistair Overeem, Antoni Hardonk, Ray Sefo, Hong Man Choi, Semmy Shilt...etc.

If he started training a little BJJ, wouldn't it be awesome to see him fight in the UFC?

I would rather have seen healthy tyrone spong. badr hari is a scumbag

obligatory:
Reem_vs._Badr_Hari_1.gif

Unfortunately he is a psychopath, and not the fun kind
Well they had Thiago Silva on the roster, and Grispi, and War Machine, and...

Granted, they cut them all before or when they revealed that they had no impulse control.

MMA has been there and done that, see: Semmy Schilt. Not interesting from a sporting POV. From a drama POV this is absolutely fascinating. Badr Hari has a tendency to go completely crazy. Would be fun to watch in and out of the octagon.

They were interested at one point, years ago, but Badr (like many kickboxers) is not interested in any exclusive contracts where he can't kickbox.

They were interested at one point, years ago, but Badr (like many kickboxers) is not interested in any exclusive contracts where he can't kickbox.
JWP said it best about how he doesn't want to compete in MMA because he is a novice in BJJ, and doesn't want to start-over with it. I think that applies to a lot of athletes from other combat sports.

Unfortunately he is a psychopath, and not the fun kind

haha he'd probably kill someone at the weigh ins if they got too rowdy.

I'd love to see Badr in the UFC
BUT
the UFC would just match him up with wrestlers. Just to prove a point that doesn't need proving.

If it wasn't for shelby, who knows how bad the UFC would be right now.

Remember the rumor of brock bringing in badr for the Overeem fight

I'm fairly certain he's said derogatory things about grappling in the past. And lost to a "forearm choke" in his one and only MMA match.

There are a number of other younger kickboxers with more potential (for MMA) that I'd rather see.

I wouldn't be interested in seeing Badr in MMA. I'm not overly interested in seeing him in kickboxing these days. Still, he's a hell of a fighter with a killer instinct. But he's not really a good representative for any sport.

Badr Hari is a badass kickboxer with some big wins over guys like: Anderson Silva, Alistair Overeem, Antoni Hardonk, Ray Sefo, Hong Man Choi, Semmy Shilt...etc.

If he started training a little BJJ, wouldn't it be awesome to see him fight in the UFC?

Can't think of anyone I'd rather see take a beating that Hari.

Belltor does kickboxing and MMA; Some stand up guys like Rampage dont wanta train wrestling, whatever just get anotther stand up guy in there and they can do kickboxing or boxing. F*ck Hari or other worldclass strikers learning the ground game. That way Holly and Ronda could settle their rematch with boxing rules.

I doubt he could get a license to fight in the US.
with all his crimes. Terrible guy.

Back