the Conor arrival and over the top megalomaniac personality

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Idk it feels like the megalomaniac ways and the hyperbolic things that has arrived to the game is making things less professional and long gone are the days of true martial arts. Am I the only one or it has taken alot out of the game and I admit it has brought some good things aswell but it has removed some of the romanticism in the sport as well

Yea we all miss those true martial artists like Tank Abbott, Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice and Wanderlei Silva.

They are cage fighters. Not martial artists. If UFC wants martial artists they should sign Van Damme, Jet Li, Jackie Chan and shaolin monk.

They are cage fighters. Not martial artists. If UFC wants martial artists they should sign Van Damme, Jet Li, Jackie Chan and shaolin monk.
Agree but Van Damme was a pro kickboxer for a while and if he could probably wouldn't fit into a cage and fought.

If you're looking for 2 dudes to get into a cage together and get romantic, this sport is not for you.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Idk it feels like the megalomaniac ways and the hyperbolic things that has arrived to the game is making things less professional and long gone are the days of true martial arts. Am I the only one or it has taken alot out of the game and I admit it has brought some good things aswell but it has removed some of the romanticism in the sport as well

Oh it has arrived? What, is this your first year watching prizefighting? News flash: the drama has always been here, it has never left. What Conor is doing is child's play compared to the all-time drama queen.

What do you mean true martial arts? Oh you mean guys like Mas Oyama who uses gradeschool camera edits to fake "KOing" a "bull"?

or do you mean actors like Bruce Lee who does fake movie fights?

Won't be long!
JKBWlTK.gif

I'm tired of all the weigh in crap where they go over the top and act like animals. A nice hand shake after the stare down lets me know they are both professionals and sportsmen.

The true martial artist in the UFC has always been a bit of a myth, it's like the religious people who bash the bible on Sundays at church and the proceed to behave like degenerates the rest of the week, with a few exceptions (maybe)

TS just wanted to use "megalomaniac" and "hyperbolic" in a post.

Back