Benson Henderson on Bellator decision: Kickboxing, boxing bouts played a role

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Wanting to have a kickboxing bout and wanting to have a boxing match – underneath Zuffa (the UFC’s parent company), that’s probably not allowed; (it’s probably) very heavily frowned upon,” he said. “But Bellator, because they have their co-promotions, they’re open to options, so it’s definitely what helped sell me on the idea of Bellator.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/benson...ecision-kickboxing-boxing-bouts-played-a-role

He left the UFC because he was only allowed to use Reebok branded Toothpicks

tumblr_meru0z7rJi1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

pretty similar to Fedor, wanted to compete in other shit and other orgs would allow him to do that.

Fedor probably had a similar contract offer as well.

Benson's the man.

Lame he left =(

Love the competitor Benson is. Truly wants to test himself as an athlete.

I am thrilled with his decision to leave the UFC. Hope other fighters follow suit.

Nothing wrong with being a big fish in a widdle pond either.

Highly doubt any boxing promoter has any interest in Benson.

And the fool who thinks he can beat Triple G needs to be banned.

How did the post on him giving GGG problems and the responses to it all get deleted at once? Did all the posters make a pack to delete their posts?

Anyway, I like the lady who posted the comment, but she obviously can't tell what's happening in boxing. That is just an absolutely nuts thing to say. I came in to respond but the post disappeared...

You left the UFC so you could be allowed to box? Lol I hope no one believes that. I don't think Bendo believes he'd have a shot against any halfway decent boxer. I give him more credit than that.

Love the competitor Benson is. Truly wants to test himself as an athlete.

I am thrilled with his decision to leave the UFC. Hope other fighters follow suit.

Eh. Im happy that he's got a contract that works for him and he's ultimately doing what he wants with his career, that's his right and the right of any fighter.

Still as an MMA fan I would like to see all of the best fighting each other in one place. There are still fighters in the UFC I'd have liked to see Ben face.

Stinks to be caught in the middle.

Who was talking about Benson vs GGG? Holy crap thats crazy.

Benson would be at serious risk if that fight ever happened, he could suffer serious brain trauma or worse death.

Eh. Im happy that he's got a contract that works for him and he's ultimately doing what he wants with stillareer, that's his right and the right of any fighter.

Still as an MMA fan I would like to see all of the best fighting each other in one place. There are still fighters in the UFC I'd have liked to see Ben face.

Stinks to be caught in the middle.
It is relative, my friend. The "best" are not all necessarily in the UFC. We learned this with the Strikeforce merger, especially. The UFC has great fighter, don't get me wrong. But the majority came from somewhere else. And as it doesn't appear that the UFC will be buying any orgs out anytime soon, great fighters leaving and fighting elsewhere will show us where fighters in other orgs stack up, create new names, and the fans benefit from this.

Back