Is Wonderboy vs. Hendricks a lay up for Hendricks?

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Wonderboy is a phenomenal and exciting fighter but this seems like such an easy fight for Hendricks, not to mention a huge step up in opponents for Wonderboy.

Feel like the matchups should have been Hendricks vs. Maia and Wonderboy vs. Brown II. But if Wonderboy can get the job done he can stake a claim to a title shot.

Wonderboy is not a gimme fight for anyone. No doubt he'll have been training a lot of wrestling with Weidman for this fight, so I hope he can fend off a couple of TDs and land some good power shots.

Thompson is game. Hendricks could coast and decision him. But I think Wonderboy is going to look sharp and bring it to Johny.

I think Wonderboy KO's a careless Hendricks in round 2.

Wonderboy is a phenomenal and exciting fighter but this seems like such an easy fight for Hendricks, not to mention a huge step up in opponents for Wonderboy.
Lay ups can miss or get blocked.

I'm psyched for this fight, although it doesn't seem to provide much of a career boost for Hendricks (although getting paid is nice). Upcoming fighter with talent and an exciting style against proven top-tier fighter. Big break for Wonderboy if victorious, back to the lower rungs of the ladder for Hendricks in loss.

I'm predicting and easy win for Hendricks but I would be extremely happy to see Wonderboy put on and clinic and lay Hendricks a beating

I think so. Henderson is a tank, a doubt Wonderboy is going to be able to put him away with the few opportunities he is likely to get in that fight. It's a 5 round fight though and Henderson tends to get lazy as he gets tired, maybe Wonderboy will catch him sleeping and uh.... put him to sleep

Not only no, but fuck no. Wonderboy can shut out the lights anytime. I just feel Hendricks is better and has beaten better fighters than Thompson.

I think so. Henderson is a tank, a doubt Wonderboy is going to be able to put him away with the few opportunities he is likely to get in that fight. It's a 5 round fight though and Henderson tends to get lazy as he gets tired, maybe Wonderboy will catch him sleeping and uh.... put him to sleep
Don't know what Wonderboy's cardio is going to look like in rounds 4 and 5, but if he's going to put it on Hendricks, that would be the time to do it.

If Thompson can steal one of the first 3 and piece Bigg Rigg up in the final 2, he can still win a decision. Praying to mighty Odin for a 2nd round KO for Wonderboy; that would make my month.

The foot is mightier than the fist.....wonderboy for the surprise win.

I don't see that at all. Hendricks has to stay close and tight with Wonderboy for five rounds, unless he connects somewhere along the way with a huge left. Wonder boy likes to stay outside of range, and shoot in and out using angles and timing. His striking is obviously better than Johnny's, and I personally think Wonderboy has a great shot here because I would anticipate his cardio being able to outlast Hendricks's. Johnny does look to be in phenomenal shape right now, but I still think Wonderboy has a really good chance to win here......

I don't see that at all. Hendricks has to stay close and tight with Wonderboy for five rounds, unless he connects somewhere along the way with a huge left. Wonder boy likes to stay outside of range, and shoot in and out using angles and timing. His striking is obviously better than Johnny's, and I personally think Wonderboy has a great shot here because I would anticipate his cardio being able to outlast Hendricks's. Johnny does look to be in phenomenal shape right now, but I still think Wonderboy has a really good chance to win here......
Johny's looking in top shape, but will the cut affect him? It sounds like he got his shit together, but he had to cancel his last fight because he was hospitalised trying to make weight. Different cirumstances, yes, but it makes me wonder.

Johny's looking in top shape, but will the cut affect him? It sounds like he got his shit together, but he had to cancel his last fight because he was hospitalised trying to make weight. Different cirumstances, yes, but it makes me wonder.

That's a really good question, and I have no idea either. He is notorious for being outta shape before camp and having issues because of it. He looks great, but that only says so much......

A step up in competition is often found on the path to greatness. -Kenny Florian.

Seriously, I'm rooting for Wonderboy, but Hendricks is the man who basically beat GSP. If personal problems aren't plaguing him, than Wonderboy is in for a difficult fight against failed restaurant Hendricks.

We will see.

WB's wrestling has improved quite a dramatic degree, both offensive, and defensive.

While Johnny has fantastic wrestling, his top control, and ability to cause damage from the top leave a great deal to be desired.

This fight will come down to how often and quickly WB can get up after being taken down...

I think the fight will have some pretty awesome moments but I got Johny tapping that chin late in the first.

I feel like this fight is much like his Condit fight, style wise. I don't really like Hendricks, but this is his fight to win. His power and Wonderboy's tendency to keep his chin up and hands down, seems like it's made for Hendricks to get an easy KO.

Back